Active Topics

Notices

Great app, love it but I have seen major problem so far. It seems I have to keep rebooting my phone every time I want to use it as a hotspot. Right now I am typing this from it but once I stop it I have to reboot phone to get it to work again. I am running power kernel 47 with ideal settings loaded. So is there a work around for this or is it just normal for me to have to continue to do this?

BTW reason for hotspot was to tether my xoom for internet on the road and I knew N900 pretty much has no limits.

^^^^ ditto

I was using it with my xoom and it was working great then i upgraded to the power kernel to make my n900 dual boot with android and it hasnt worked since.....

It works great for me. However, it only works with the stock wifi drivers. If I use the bleeding edge drivers than my phone reboots when I try to run it.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
I have issue connecting to my laptop running vista with all lates patches. My n900 is visible to PC but never completes a connection. Does it work with PC running vista?

Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
I have issue connecting to my laptop running vista with all lates patches. My n900 is visible to PC but never completes a connection. Does it work with PC running vista?
Try playing around with the security settings.

Also, have you tried with a different machine to make sure your MHS is actually working before blaming it on vista?

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by DACHIGGA View Post
Try playing around with the security settings.

Also, have you tried with a different machine to make sure your MHS is actually working before blaming it on vista?
not blaming vista just informing the os on my pc, have also tried with windows 7 and hp touchpad same story.

Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
not blaming vista just informing the os on my pc, have also tried with windows 7 and hp touchpad same story.
Like I said, needed to make sure MHS is working before proceeding.

If you have played around with security settings and it dosen't work, remove MHS and install version 0.3.4.