Active Topics

Promoted mceledpattern to extras-testing (again; it's not in user sections so to test you need to "apt-get install mceledpattern" instead of using HAM)

As for changing from python to a compiled language, we have had some PM discussions about this with ph5 and I agree it's a good idea but right now I don't have resources.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
Sleep be damned, been reading some Vala tutorials and though my weekend is fully booked already (budo seminar) it is possible that a Vala rewrite of my tool is coming at the end of the week anyway (especially if ph5 has time to help as he suggested he might)

Vala rewrite WIP, I'm learning Vala as I go so this is a bit of a stub still...

Thanks to a little help from ph5 I managed to finish the rewrite, new version should be landing to extras testing soon.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
So now can you expand your tool to be a more generic mce editor? I would like to do the same thing, except I'd like to add vibrator patterns.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
So now can you expand your tool to be a more generic mce editor? I would like to do the same thing, except I'd like to add vibrator patterns.
I wasn't planning on making it *actually* generic (it would make the command-line options jungle so complicated that one would be better of using just sed), but adding handling for vibrator patterns as well should not be hard.

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
Added a very ugly copy-paste solution for vibra patterns (not even tested yet), this raises the code smellines factor so high that refactoring needs to be done Real Soon Now.

not able to install from the site

Originally Posted by raghavmurali View Post
not able to install from the site
"from the site" ? As in which site etc ? This program is not in user/xx -category (since it's cli helper aimed mostly for developers of programs like the led pattern editor)

You need to install it via dpkg (first download the deb) or via apt-get (extras-testing repo), if you don't know how to do these things then this tool is not for you.

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
Added a very ugly copy-paste solution for vibra patterns (not even tested yet), this raises the code smellines factor so high that refactoring needs to be done Real Soon Now.
Of course the copy-paste version was buggy, but I fixed the bugs (not yet refactoring the code, that will take more than 30min...) and uploaded a new package version to autobuilder.

Don't have time to wait for it to land in devel repo so I could promote it, so if you want to test the latest version check the -devel repo.