Active Topics

Notices

Which is not the LED Pattern Editor by Philipp Zabel.

Instead a complementary tool to add and remove (or change/revert) led or vibrator patterns in mce.ini "surgically" (with proper commenting to boot) via the command line (ie. terminal).

See this thread for some background.

And the application page for more info (and voting).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
bumpity-bump aka trolling for votes.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Hmm i probably need to read more, but installed it and can't find it anywhere :| (Terminal based?)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Doh! i really shoulread things more often

Needs to be run as root or via sudo and can only be run from the command line.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Doh! i really shoulread things more often
Yep, as usual (for CLI programs) running the command with no arguments (or with invalid arguments) gives you the help.

The tool is quite trivial, it does basic format sanity-checking for patterns but does not tell you what is wrong with the pattern if it rejects it (because the the check so far is just a simple RegEx).

But it's a good way to take into use any led patterns you or someone else has created.

Note: this does not restart mce-daemon (because there might be multiple operations one wants to do and MCE does not like being restarted too often), you need to do it yourself.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm sorry, I haven't had time to sit down and test this, but I really want to so I'll try this week.

troll, troll, vote troll...

bumpity dump.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
rambo: sorry, I will try to install and test soon. My life is upside-down at the moment.