I've reflashed as you say, everything is solved.
I will not do this kind of mistake anymore.
Thank you all for the help, sorry for my noob problem, now I've learned something useful

The Following User Says Thank You to Orsobirra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Hey, if you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, break things and then fix them, there's even more fun to be found and things to learn @

http://wiki.maemo.org/Terminal

It's the real way to stop being a noob

And when things go really bad, you flash

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Enjoy your n900!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by Orsobirra View Post
Done!
I did it and seems ok

Great!!!! Now that you've fixed it you only have one more thing to do:

Sell it to someone who knows not to delete an entire partition.

They make plenty of iPhones or Android phones out there for people like you.

Oh lets not be so hard on Orsobirra

We all have to learn these things at some point and today he has learned the importance of...

The use of the wildcard (*)
When to use rm -rf
What /opt/ is used for
How to reflash his n900

Not a bad day at school really

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-04-13 at 18:26.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post

Wow. What a totally dickish thing to say. It's not like he deleted your N900...

The guy had a backup, was friendly, got everything working again in the end, and he definitely learned not to run terminal commands in the future without understanding what it's going to do.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Wow. What a totally dickish thing to say. It's not like he deleted your N900...

The guy had a backup, was friendly, got everything working again in the end, and he definitely learned not to run terminal commands in the future without understanding what it's going to do.
You know I could say that I'm just frustrated reading something like this thread after dealing every day with users who make dumb mistakes at work, but I'm gonna stand my ground on this one.

It's incidents like this that make mobile phone venders lock out users from their own devices. This is why people need to "root" their phones. This is why we have Aegis on the N9.

Venders think we're all just one command away from wiping out our phones unless they "protect" us from our own devices and every thread I read that has someone bricking their phone after blinding typing what someone told them to type at the "#" prompt proves them right.

It's more then enough to make one somewhat mad.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif

You probably don't realize that you have proved you need a brain reformat.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It's more then enough to make one somewhat mad.
Being mad is not justification for saying any cruel thing that comes to mind.

My BEST experience one weekend many years ago was when I accidentally reformatted my work hard drive and spent the weekend reading Peter Norton and learning how to recover.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Orsobirra View Post
Done!
I did it and seems ok but:
-the boot is very very slow
The first boot will be slow. You no doubt have media (pictures, videos, etc) in your MyDocs and/or micro-sd card. When the system starts up, it starts tracker, which will find it has no database, and will eventually go out and re-index everything! That's going to take some time and eat some battery, depending on how much media you have on the device. The first day or two after a re-flash you want to carry a charger with you.

I'm gonna stand my ground on this one.
Don't shoot! I only have skittles!
(What? Too soon?)

It's incidents like this that make mobile phone venders lock out users from their own devices.
It's only part of the reason, and frankly, this user isn't one to get mad at. The ones to get mad at are the ones that do this and then feel they have the God-given right to demand everyone else stop what they're doing to help them. This OP asked for help, and already had half a clue of what he needed to do. (S)he was also thankful to those who helped out.

Cars kill people every day, but we don't weld them shut to prevent people from changing them. The proper mechanism is a user-overridable safety (like the N900 has), not a hard lock-out (like iCrap & friends). Most people won't take off the safety if your product is reasonably configurable, and if they do, they're usually less of a pain if they break something afterward.

Things like aegis have nothing to do with preventing users from doing stupid things. It has everything to do with companies wanting to lock out competition and prevent users from bypassing their weak security and/or overpriced services. (Preventing Skype installation, or tethering without a ridiculously priced plan, for example.) It's not stupid users, it's greedy middle-men. Want to be angry? At least direct it in the right place.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
[...]

It's incidents like this that make mobile phone venders lock out users from their own devices. This is why people need to "root" their phones. This is why we have Aegis on the N9.

[...]
don't know (don't care...) what line of business you are supporting, but you certainly don't understand the 1st thing about mobile phones...

any clue how much money NOKIA made with Maemo? none, at best. lost money (partly their own mistake -- had they added a SIM to the 770 (& N8x0s) i would have bought every single one of them, including the N900, which i eventually got (as it had a SIM) and a lot of Communicator customers would have, too)

any remote clue how much money NOKIA makes from www.maemo.org?
none.
costs, only.
hardly any customer ever bought a N900 (770, N8x0) because they came across the site and thought «geeee, i HAVE TO have one of those...»

the reason why rotten Potatos became the biggest (computer & all) manufacturer, not so much in numbers sold then in $$$$$$$?
the reason why m$ desperately wants to get a foot into that market?

'cuz the only way to expand a closed device... is spending on apps & all
capire?