Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
Vote for entry number #6 (Mosen)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sLumPia For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I have to pull the gear switch to get the lightest gear on and have to push the small metal part next to the gear switch with a thumb to get the heaviest on (yes, I have tried adjusting the wire but it seems there is no "right spot").
Having used Torpedos on many old bikes, I'm pretty sure what you need is to lubricate the insides of the black plastic thingy, but also the cable itself. So stick the long thin nozzle of the lubrication can between the cable and its coating and give it a good, long squirt. All places you can get to. Then switch gears from 1 to 3 and back a dozen times. Hopefully, disgusting black-brown sludge comes pouring out.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
so........let me count
mosen
mosen
mosen
mosen
mosen
maemish
maemish
maemish
maemish
koiruus
koiruus
koiruus
kinggo
kinggo
kinggo
halftux
halftux
next round is on mosen then
And he also gets a reward for the most postprocessing

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Meet LMGM1 - the Lean Mean Green Machine, mark 1, another one of my projects in progress (Hopefully this one will get finished for a change ). My daugher suggested both the name and the colour.
So will the LMGM1 work like the side-by-side paddle boats you can rent in scenic ponds, or are the pedals going to be on independent coasters so one rider can rest? Don't know why, but I gotta know . . .

(I also smiled at the idea that your phone wasn't handy, but not to worry, I've got my digital camera here!)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
So will the LMGM1 work like the side-by-side paddle boats you can rent in scenic ponds, or are the pedals going to be on independent coasters so one rider can rest? Don't know why, but I gotta know . . .
The latter. Each rider powers the wheel on his/her side. Think of it like two bicycles lashed together.

I also intend to make it a hybrid, with two independent sources of propulsion: pedal power and an electric motor. But don't tell anyone, it may not happen. In any case, the motor would power only one wheel.

(I also smiled at the idea that your phone wasn't handy, but not to worry, I've got my digital camera here!)
Yes, it sounds funny when you put it like that. It was more about the picture quality (or the lack thereof with the equipment I have available) and the conveniece of further handling.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Thank you all!
I do not deserve it, but accept pro forma so we can move on quick
There is not even much of a winner to choose this time because you all lifted the competition from a pure photo comparison to a deep rabbithole into the bike world. I researched so many things you brought up from Magura Brakes to vintage Cannondale.
Just great.

This time was really something special due to kinggos personal involvement into the topic. Very good choice!

A real easy decision is to stay away from christmas themed topic since "christmas presents" killed the competition last time.
And nooo, i do not want to see your prepared food as much as i like to discuss about.
Food photography is a league of its own imo and i have never up to this point shot a food photo myself with a camera phone that would not have profited heavily from the use of a real DSLR to make it look properly tasty.
Also, hobbyist food photography is a guarantee for sub par eating experience. Who in right mind lets food sit around only for seconds more than absolutely needed to take a lousy picture of it?
So i do not want to be responsible for your [soup] getting cold or tempura getting moist even remotely.

I am into knives.
Sorry for misusing this competition to have a peek into your drawer or tool box but it heavily interests me how you all cut things.

Knives is a bit limited so i came up with "cutting edge" for you all to troll my knife attempt with creative use of chainsaws, snow shovels or even your up-to-date tech Christmas present

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Thank you all!
There is not even much of a winner to choose this time because you all lifted the competition from a pure photo comparison to a deep rabbithole into the bike world. I researched so many things you brought up from Magura Brakes to vintage Cannondale.
Just great.

This time was really something special due to kinggos personal involvement into the topic. Very good choice!

A real easy decision is to stay away from christmas themed topic since "christmas presents" killed the competition last time.
And nooo, i do not want to see your prepared food as much as i like to discuss about.
Food photography is a league of its own imo and i have never up to this point shot a food photo myself with a camera phone that would not have profited heavily from the use of a real DSLR to make it look properly tasty.
Also, hobbyist food photography is a guarantee for sub par eating experience. Who in right mind lets food sit around only for seconds more than absolutely needed to take a lousy picture of it?
So i do not want to be responsible for your [soup] getting cold or tempura getting moist even remotely.

I am into knives.
Sorry for misusing this competition to have a peek into your drawer or tool box but it heavily interests me how you all cut things.

Knives is a bit limited so i came up with "cutting edge" for you all to troll my knife attempt with creative use of chainsaws, snow shovels or even your up-to-date tech Christmas present
well..... everybody has them
But that's not the point. I already have an idea that perfectly fits to the cutting edge. We'll see......
Anyway, the man in the first 8min of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kiW6GYiJU8
is my, now late, sadly, father in law. Whatever you can see there I probably have at home. Horn handles, bone handles, kitchen knives, hunting knives. They might not be some of those crazy expensive japanese blades but they are true artisan work. And they do cut.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
well..... everybody has them
But that's not the point. I already have an idea that perfectly fits to the cutting edge. We'll see......
Anyway, the man in the first 8min of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kiW6GYiJU8
is my, now late, sadly, father in law. Whatever you can see there I probably have at home. Horn handles, bone handles, kitchen knives, hunting knives. They might not be some of those crazy expensive japanese blades but they are true artisan work. And they do cut.
Ohh, I feel @endsormeans comment coming ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Watched the video. Thanks for sharing! Awesome to watch the processes. You could share the link also in the knife thread for next month.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Thank you all!
Judges' decisions are final, complain and you might get disqualified!

I do in fact have a show shovel with a replaceable "cutting edge" on the blade. Don't know if it's very photogenic -- at least with my skills. It's probably time before the next "event" to replace it, though. If I had a cooler anvil, the act of mushrooming the rivets might be a cool pic . . .

But also the house came with a straight razor -- probably great grandfather's -- and some type of small meat processing knife. Have to see what I can do without injury.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition