Closed Thread
gUYS PLEASE HELP OUT WITH WE CHAT APPS for nokia " N900"

AS it have much more features,
please upload any file for wechat software
as in yappari for whatsapp ..we cant send any multimedia to other phone but can receive ,
wechAT HAVE FEATURES LIKE,
LIVE CHAT,VIDEOCHAT,VOICEMAIL,MESSAGE CHAT AND ALL REST FEATURES

SO IF THERE IS ANY ONE TO HELP FOR THIS ??
PLEASE COME FWD AND HELP!!!

Last edited by rockey_rock5; 2013-05-24 at 15:46. Reason: MISTAKES

The Following User Says Thank You to rockey_rock5 For This Useful Post:
Impossible without sourcecode or at least API for it(And must be English of course

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
this app badly needed

Originally Posted by hyno111 View Post
Impossible without sourcecode or at least API for it(And must be English of course
Download android version, unpack it and check what technology it is using. If it is html5/javascript stuff, examine what it is sending to the server. If it is compiled java classes, then decompile them (they are not still easy to read). Or capture network data with wireshark.
(hard work)
-> unofficial API, which can break in any day.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I am Hong Kong, I never and wont use it if have, because there is China Government monitor all the conversation, your conversation will be auto deleted when there is some nervous topic or speech

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
I am Hong Kong, I never and wont use it if have, because there is China Government monitor all the conversation, your conversation will be auto deleted when there is some nervous topic or speech
Well tbh, its not like anything here doesn't go through the NSA/GCHQ and who knows what else under the cloak of "anti-xyz"

we arent a terrorist tht we wud fear to chat !! lol.... just need this app for it ... is there any one who can help it out ????

The Following User Says Thank You to rockey_rock5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
The amount of power chinese goverment has behind the application isn't even funny. They use the app to drive some political issues and I really hope it will never get popular.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
I as a Chinese know quite much about China govt's monitoring and censorship problems but would not like to emphasize on that.

On this lack of native WeChat app for Maemo, I guess only Hong Kong-ers and some other Asians want it (mainland China has too few N900 users, and WeChat isn't known in US and Europe), so guys you might as well put down hope for a native client. Not to discourage you but this is the truth. N900 is not faved by many devs originally, and its 4-year age adds further to its difficulties.

Better install NITDroid (Android 2.3.x) on N900 and try WeChat on that, may not be a good experience but yeah, it's better than nothing. If there's trouble in installing, I and others can provide a helping hand over at NITDroid forum and my name is still AndyYan over there.

Time to move on. If you can't afford an N950, and don't know how/where to fetch a Jolla, then head for Android reluctantly, or you're stuck. Seriously.

Closed Thread