Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
What is your point? Mine is simple, if your car had anti lock brakes than all the new cars will have that feature. Otherwise no one will buy it. Jolla phone as it stands, is a developer device, not for mass consumption.
The point is, mass makes individuals stupid. The point is that when iOS and WP were introduced they were missing a lot of standard features from current OSes. The point is that if someone expected a perfect device with a new OS from a 2 years old company with ~100 employees has no idea about anything. The point is that in 80% of your posts you are bitching about outlook and mail, so get yourself some ultrabook with outlook and spare us from your whining.

Honestly, I'm not pleased with what I'm reading in first impressions and with some other things Jolla decided (not) to do although I can understand the reasons behind most them. On some, not at all, but I'm not bitching about them in every post. Is sailfish perfect? No. Will it ever be? No. Does it lack some of the most common features from others? Yes. Does it offer something that others don't, even in it's current state? Yes. And most of them will never officially come to any of other 3 major players. At least, Jolla still have time to move forward in the right direction.
There's plenty of choice, go somewhere elese. Why are you hanging on forum which is dedicated to OSes that you don't like?

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Back on topic.
Battery life: Full charge completed at 6:50am .
Full day of work, demos galore and sat nav on for the 30 minute drive home.Full brightness on, 37 minutes of calls but no Android apps used.
Now 11:15 and down to 8% with first battery warnings.
Not bad imho

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
definitley not seeing as you can stock up on spare batteries.

Sorry, but I must.

Once upon a time there was an idiot named Lumiaman, he was so stupid his head caved in. The end.

Jolla rocks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I wish we had thread where only people with Jolla could post. Example: A thread with user experience...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Back on topic.
Battery life: Full charge completed at 6:50am .
Full day of work, demos galore and sat nav on for the 30 minute drive home.Full brightness on, 37 minutes of calls but no Android apps used.
Now 11:15 and down to 8% with first battery warnings.
Not bad imho
Just for my own curiosity, can you run through a rough list of applications you had open by terms of how long?

And what's your typical usage pattern? Screen off with apps open, or do you close apps when you're done?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I wish we had thread where only people with Jolla could post. Example: A thread with user experience...
nah, people without a phone at this point can still ask interesting questions. Not to mention that interaction works as a sales pitch ;-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
definitley not seeing as you can stock up on spare batteries.
Thanks for the reminder... just updated my support ticket to include additional batteries on top of additional TOH for my laser cutting/etching adventures :P

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi there,

Didn't see the question/answer in the PiratePad, so please excuse me if it has already been asked, but does Jolla support LTE at the moment ? (800Mhz, 1800Mhz and 2600Mhz freq bands)

Thanks

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Anynoupy View Post
Hi there,

Didn't see the question/answer in the PiratePad, so please excuse me if it has already been asked, but does Jolla support LTE at the moment ? (800Mhz, 1800Mhz and 2600Mhz freq bands)

Thanks
Not yet. HW present - software outstanding.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience