Can someone explain the logo to me please. Why is the screaming phoenix going back into the fire? Shouldn't it be rising from the ashes? I don't want this project to crash and burn. Thanks in advance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
I always thought that at the bottom there's a tail, and the head is on top
Whoa, really? I guess I can see that, but at first glance it looks to me like it's dive bombing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Can someone explain the logo to me please. Why is the screaming phoenix going back into the fire? Shouldn't it be rising from the ashes? I don't want this project to crash and burn. Thanks in advance.

http://static.neo900.org/openphoenux.png
LOL, you evidently watched too many toons in TV. What you think was the head is actually the tail of the bird, with a few flames around it. It's an elegant jetlike bird going up, not a toon character going down.
Anyway thanks for bringing it up, I guess the artist (whoever it been) can change that logo so it's less tempting to toon fans to misinterprete it ;-)

/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-11-04 at 15:19.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany
the curved side of the wings is where the bird's tail is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasmarc For This Useful Post:
I love the idea but i hate the choices of cases. The neo freerunner had an odd case so i didn't buy it. Now the Neo900 has a keyboard and i will not buy it because of that. Why not base it on a rectangular-ish case like iphone or simular. I bet it would make alot more people buy it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Coretech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Coretech View Post
I love the idea but i hate the choices of cases. The neo freerunner had an odd case so i didn't buy it. Now the Neo900 has a keyboard and i will not buy it because of that. Why not base it on a rectangular-ish case like iphone or simular. I bet it would make alot more people buy it.
I respect you opinion but you have plenty of choice like nexus & Co. I'm glade they went for a keyboard device. There are simply too few. Or none

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I respect you opinion but you have plenty of choice like nexus & Co. I'm glade they went for a keyboard device. There are simply too few. Or none
A truly open smartphone (with open source firmware for the gsm modem) does not exist of today that i know of. The ultimate phone would be a phone with the hardware of the Neo900 (with osmocom firmware) and a rectangular case. But that's just wishful thinking. I bet the next Neo phone will be spherical

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Please stay on topic! On a sidenote a phone with FOSS GSM stack is illegal to operate, everywhere except in anarchies where they won't have any network provider to use it in. Please stop spreading false claims here! A GSM stack needs certification and that has to be done even by the network operators. Operating a transmitter is basically illegal everywhere on the world without a licence to do so. I'd appreciate when you simply would delete your posts. They are incorreect and OT.

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-11-04 at 18:33.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Please stay on topic! On a sidenote a phone with FOSS GSM stack is illegal to operate.
It's surely only illegal in the US The rest of the world would enjoy the open source/NSA free gsm stack. Sorry for the off-topic messages.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Please stay on topic! On a sidenote a phone with FOSS GSM stack is illegal to operate.
Is it actually illegal to release the source code for a GSM stack?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post: