Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I have just bought Cacheme for N9. Transition from free to paid version doesnt go very well, but that can be flawed at OVI store as well..
Thanks to Till and George for your excellent work!

The Following User Says Thank You to XiliX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi XiliX

Thank you for giving money for the app.

Could you explain me what your issue was?
It is only available since some hours and i could not yet test it myself.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Well, at first my N9 told me there was an update for cacheme ("cacheme trial") but when i tried to install, that the applicationmanager gave a download error.
I tried a couple of times, all without succes.
After that I removed cacheme from my N9 to ensure there wouldn't be any conflicts between the free version and the trial, but than i couldn't find the trialversion in OVI store at all .
So than i just paid for Cacheme, (i use it quite often and think its worth the money) but that version didnt download either..
After a couple of tries i found a red ! symbol in my application list, removed that, and tried again. That worked.
So i dont know if there was a server error at OVI's side, of my N9 or WLAN screwing up, but I did succesfully install something else between purchasing Cacheme, and beeing able to download it.
Anyway it works now

Edit: like a charm i should add.

Thank you for your feedback

The download errors are server related and not based on an error in the app.
It is only available in the store since some hours so it might not jet have been there when you tried it. The store description and the file itself might not have been added at the same time.
I expirienced this with other apps before.

I was a bit worried that the trial and full version might conflict, but could not test it beforehand. Also Nokia does not list any restrictions.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

I was a bit worried that the trial and full version might conflict, but could not test it beforehand. Also Nokia does not list any restrictions.
Ah, well i cant help you with that, as i removed the trail before downloading the paid version.
What i can tell you is that even after uninstalling the trail, all my usermade waypoints, my account settings and overall settings still remained in the full version, so thats always good.

Can i be so bold to ask for a feature? A roman number translator would be handy, as ii've come across a number of caches which required roman numbers...

Hi XiliX

Thank you for the comment and rating in the Ovi store
The Trial version is identical to the full version except its limited run time.
So, what ever you did in the old (or trial) version, will be available in the full version.

What do you mean exactly with the roman number translator?
Simply a text field where you enter "XIV" and it should return "14"?
That shouldn’t be too difficult to implement.
How ever I am not to sure how much work we should invest into such tools. Because it might be a never ending task.
I would think this would better be an external tool like the one available for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=eisbehr.gcc

Before I want to invest any time into this, I want to backport Tills latest improvements.
and more...

Hi caco3!
Simply a text field where you enter "XIV" and it should return "14"?
Yes thats what i meant, ive seen a couple of caches now that required me to translate roman numbers for the coords.
I can do some roman numbers myself, but years and dates are a bit too much.
Something like the GCC for android might be nice, but i feel it would make cacheme a little more complete, atleast, thats what i think.
I can however understand if you dont want to implement it.
Greets!

God news:
I quickly implemented a roman->arabic number converter.
How ever it seems still to be a bit buggy.
Also I started to implement a formula solver.
i.e. you can enter
a=2
b=22
and the expression: 41 - 0.298/a + 0.046*b
and let it solve it

I will let you know when I am done. Would be great if you could test it.
and more...

The next version of CacheMe for the N9 will contain a roman number converter and a formula solver (see attachments).
Attached Images

and more...

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
hi caco3! Thanks for implementing a roman number converter! I will play around with it as soon as i have some spare time, and let you know how it went