Active Topics

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
facebook on N950 is version 1.4.0-5+0m7 and on N9 is 1.4.0-1+0m7 . So it should be updated also .

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
BTW, when you are talking about Accenture, do you mean that Accenture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accenture ?

I thought they are more in technical consulting. What do they have to do with Nokia and MeeGo?

The Following User Says Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Yes, *that* Accenture.
With 250000+ employees they have all kinds of IT subcontracting/outsourcing solutions.

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I really hope they sneak in a fix to the email unread counter bug and revert the grob url bar blanking "feature" in this exciting new PR1.3.5 world.

Have been contemplating finding all the old packages (if the PR1.2 repo is available somewhere, if not then off the N950 one) and fixing it myself, but it's always better if it's done officially, right? /laziness

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
A fix for the battery drop to 4% is also needed...

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
The same team who did pr1.3 and are based in Accenture with job supporting "Meego IT" are the ones doing the updates...
But I recall that being ditched, there was plans for much stronger support LT via a 3rd-party contractor (likely Accenture)...
Then we heard it was no longer being outsourced, & that a tiny team would remain at Nokia purely for future security/maintenance patches etc.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-02-26 at 05:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
A fix for the battery drop to 4% is also needed...
I cannot agree more! This is IMHO by far the most pressing fix needed.

A battery powered device that cannot accurately manage it's battery thereby totally destroys any trust a user has to develop towards it when relying on the device on a daily basis. The fact that such a known problem is not treated with the utmost urgency (hotfix outside any regular scheduled upgrades) is a slap into the face of every customer who bought this high end, expensive device.

Other than that, yes bugtracker sure has lot of issues listed and personally I'd be very grateful if Nokia could continue to provide us with up to date goodies like live view and public transport app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Sotiris meant only the stock Twitter app update, in connection with the coming API changes. I personally don't think we will have the luck to get one more N9 OS bug-fixes update.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
I cannot agree more! This is IMHO by far the most pressing fix needed.

A battery powered device that cannot accurately manage it's battery thereby totally destroys any trust a user has to develop towards it when relying on the device on a daily basis. The fact that such a known problem is not treated with the utmost urgency (hotfix outside any regular scheduled upgrades) is a slap into the face of every customer who bought this high end, expensive device.

Other than that, yes bugtracker sure has lot of issues listed and personally I'd be very grateful if Nokia could continue to provide us with up to date goodies like live view and public transport app.
I know it's only an immediate solution, but you tried using the profilematic to correct this error? I'm using and so far is working.

The Following User Says Thank You to oswaldynho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Brazil
Another problem that plagues me from time to time. I am connected to the network some time, disconnect the network but can not close the window that asks me that, when it comes to closing again and so on. The solution so far is only a reset. This happens to anyone else?

The Following User Says Thank You to oswaldynho For This Useful Post:

Tags
3g bug, herpderp, nokia link