Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by DDH87 View Post
I do have a question regarding the reregistration process.

I have a Whatsapp account setup when I was using my E90. Now I have a N9 and there for an other EMEI but same phone number. How is the registration process going to handle this? Will it autocratically change to my new IMEI or will it just not work?

If you haven't tested this and not able to test this just PM me.
WhatsApp just updates or adds the IMEI for your number

I logged into WhatsApp using the Android emulator for PC and all my friends/chats where there even though it was the emulators IMEI which was basically lots of E's and 0's :P

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
WhatsApp just updates or adds the IMEI for your number

I logged into WhatsApp using the Android emulator for PC and all my friends/chats where there even though it was the emulators IMEI which was basically lots of E's and 0's :P
in that case, we can assume that if we've already paid for the app, say on my Nokia N8, it'll continue to work on another phone (be it wazapp or android)? Any testers actually using a paid account?

The Following User Says Thank You to snowparang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by snowparang View Post
in that case, we can assume that if we've already paid for the app, say on my Nokia N8, it'll continue to work on another phone (be it wazapp or android)? Any testers actually using a paid account?
Paying is totally clientside, nothing on the server has information about expiration date or a flag for paid or not.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Paying is totally clientside, nothing on the server has information about expiration date or a flag for paid or not.
Where are you guys getting this information? I can see an expiration date coming from the server everytime I log in.

Whatsapp protocol is compressed using a dictionary not encrypted, everybody can sniff it and see it for themselves.

This is the PDU I receive when the login process (several PDUs long) finishes:
Code:
0030   			 00 23 f8 0b 99 bd a7 94 09 52  .......#.......R
0040   37 23 fc 0a 31 33 33 35 37 36 39 39 33 36 30 fc  7#..13357699360.
0050   0a 31 33 36 37 33 30 35 39 33 36                 .1367305936

00 23:	stanza size
f8 0b:	node following
99:	dictionary: "success"
bd:	dictionary: "xmlns"
a7:	dictionary: "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl" 
94:	dictionary: "status"
09:	dictionary: "active"
52:	dictionary: "kind"
37:	dictionary: "free"
23:	dictionary: "creation"
fc 0a:	string 10 bytes following "1335769936"
30:	ditionary:  "expiration"
fc 0a:  string 10 bytes following "1367305936"
As you can see my account is "kind=free", "status=active" with an expiration date. And that comes from the server.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-05-14 at 07:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Because iPhone hasn't got any expiration date, only android and symbian does. So I draw conclusion, I guess I have drawn the wrong conclusions. Sorry for the wrong in information/conclusion

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I see some activities under EverythingN9 Twitter account, some themes too, this looks really promising.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Everythin...530688/photo/1

Damn after taking sometime looking at this theme, I take back what I said about using the native messaging style, I'm loving it looks even better than most competitors. Maybe in the future they can add extra themes with the Native one included for those who want it.

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-05-14 at 08:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:

I have a Whatsapp account setup when I was using my E90. Now I have a N9 and there for an other EMEI but same phone number. How is the registration process going to handle this? Will it autocratically change to my new IMEI or will it just not work?

I think this is using the XMPP standard about bare ID, full ID etc.

I suspect that the XMPP resource is phonenumber@whatsapp.com/imei

So as long as you have the same phone number you should be fine, IMEI probably doesn't matter.

Someone with intricate knowledge can confirm this.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL

It'll simply work. The account will no longer work on the E90 though (one device per account).

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
It'll simply work. The account will no longer work on the E90 though (one device per account).
now that is just a f.u.ck.i.n.g stupid "feature"...

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
@Arie , has Tgalal managed to sort out the issue with Incoming Message Tones yet?

Tags
diapers, high-school