Notices

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
In most territories, X is confirm and O is Cancel, but in Japan, they are swapped.
That's it; I'm moving to Japan. For years my wife and I have complained Sony had the roles of those two buttons backwards. Nice to know it's just us living in the wrong country.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
That's it; I'm moving to Japan. For years my wife and I have complained Sony had the roles of those two buttons backwards. Nice to know it's just us living in the wrong country.
I believe it's swappable somewhere in the configuration options for the PS3. I know that you could so the same thing with the PSP with a flash hack... but yes, it's backwards compared to Japan.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Testing version[1] available at Extras-devel, I'm specially interested in testers for the connection/paring stuff.

[1] - Alpha version - Unfinished UI and the hw keyboard isn't working due to a bug in the EFL library(HintFocus).

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm (formally Amsterdam, London)
Cool can't wait for my n900 to come to start testing and having control of my PS3!!! It would be cool to add the video control profile in there. I'm more than glad to help where possible.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Any update of bluemaemo for n900?

I am dying to use this on my brand new ps3

Thanks

Not sure if this is possible, but it would be awesome to be able to be using the controller for gaming, then use the keyboard on the n900 for typing in chat or messages in game.

Any chance or am I dreaming?

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Any update of bluemaemo for n900?

I am dying to use this on my brand new ps3

Thanks
There's a alpha version at extras-devel, dunno if it works fine with the PS3, since I didn't received any feedback so far

Originally Posted by liveslow View Post
Not sure if this is possible, but it would be awesome to be able to be using the controller for gaming, then use the keyboard on the n900 for typing in chat or messages in game.

Any chance or am I dreaming?
If you can do it with a regular BT keyboard, you also will be able to do it with BlueMaemo.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Oh, but there's how many games you don't need joysticks for?

Unreal tournament three supports mouse + keyboard, but i think that's it

I have N900 + PS3, but after i managed to get them to link..

nothing!

I dunno what's up, but nothing i do with my N900 actually does anything to ps3, besides (dis)connecting it.

I'm up for testing and helping you do this, and i've also got a suggestion; PS3's don't have "names" so could you just make "PS3" pop-up automatically, and we can re-name it later? It's just that i didn't know i was looking at the list of connected devices until i realised my ps3 was there, i simple couldn't see it!

Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
Oh, but there's how many games you don't need joysticks for?
Lol, do you want to replace your wireless&fantastic PS3 controller by a N900 to play games ?
My intention is only to browse and control media in a simpler/easier way + a keyboard to chat/better input.

Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post

I dunno what's up, but nothing i do with my N900 actually does anything to ps3, besides (dis)connecting it.

I'm up for testing and helping you do this, and i've also got a suggestion; PS3's don't have "names" so could you just make "PS3" pop-up automatically, and we can re-name it later? It's just that i didn't know i was looking at the list of connected devices until i realised my ps3 was there, i simple couldn't see it!
No sure if I understood what you want, but yes I forgot about the names thing, it was already reported by other user[1], thanks for the reminder.
Can you share the steps that you're doing ?

[1] - http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=216

Tags
bluemaemo, ps3