Notices

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
How can I make sure that lircd is up and running?
Because it doesn't go up by default after a reboot - however it seems that QTirreco is starting it up for it's own needs in this case.

I can however get it up manually doing a "sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart", but am not sure if this is a) available on default device and b) the proper way to do it.
Well yes, QtIrreco starts and stops lirc. And you can start it manually with that sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart. Why do u want to have it running on background when QtIrreco isn't active?

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by nirpe View Post
Well yes, QtIrreco starts and stops lirc. And you can start it manually with that sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart. Why do u want to have it running on background when QtIrreco isn't active?
Is SUDO by default available on the device? Wasn't sure about that.

So you do " sudo /etc/init.d/lirc start" and " sudo /etc/init.d/lirc stop" on launch/quit of the application?

(It's a daemon, so it shouldn't use up that many resources when not running, or not?)

Question after question Thanks!

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Is SUDO by default available on the device? Wasn't sure about that.

So you do " sudo /etc/init.d/lirc start" and " sudo /etc/init.d/lirc stop" on launch/quit of the application?

(It's a daemon, so it shouldn't use up that many resources when not running, or not?)

Question after question Thanks!
I think that sudo is by default on any unix based operating system. When installing QtIrreco it sets some lirc command priviledges, so that QtIrreco can use lirc without having to set root password. Little time ago with Irreco, lirc was set running with device boot and people said that battery run low very fast, so we thought that it's better to have lirc started when QtIrreco starts and stopped when you close QtIrreco.

The Following User Says Thank You to nirpe For This Useful Post:
Forgive my ignorance but what is the major difference between irreco and qtirreco? I want to use it on a N900

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
Forgive my ignorance but what is the major difference between irreco and qtirreco? I want to use it on a N900
As posted by nirpe 6 posts ago:
"I think that nobody is anymore developing Irreco. QtIrreco is Qt version of Irreco."

IMHO, Irreco is the past and QTirreco the future

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

just been playing with this was working perfectly with my topfeild 5800 PVR using the topfield pvr 5000 from the database

so i was trying to get my sony tv to work i decided to try a random sony remote kdl-40L4000, installed fine but didnt work with my tv, so i selected the remote and selected delete remote.

then i selected another topfield remote i had been playing with to delete that as i had two for the same device. however this didnt delete properly the buttons dissapeared, the background went black but it was still listed, most of the things i try to do now result in this application has crashed messages. if i click no the task will eventually complete and i can use the remote but there is a gap of 3 - 4 mins before any of the menu commands work

any idea what this could be / a way to solve it? ive tried rebooting the phone to no affect loads up in the same state

thanks

Originally Posted by Stevebratt View Post
just been playing with this was working perfectly with my topfeild 5800 PVR using the topfield pvr 5000 from the database

so i was trying to get my sony tv to work i decided to try a random sony remote kdl-40L4000, installed fine but didnt work with my tv, so i selected the remote and selected delete remote.

then i selected another topfield remote i had been playing with to delete that as i had two for the same device. however this didnt delete properly the buttons dissapeared, the background went black but it was still listed, most of the things i try to do now result in this application has crashed messages. if i click no the task will eventually complete and i can use the remote but there is a gap of 3 - 4 mins before any of the menu commands work

any idea what this could be / a way to solve it? ive tried rebooting the phone to no affect loads up in the same state

thanks
It seems that something went awfully wrong there. I think that the only solution for now is that u delete your remote files manually in terminal, or just the one which isnt working. Little instructions:

Type in terminal:

1. sudo gainroot (rootsh needs to be installed)
2. cd /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Remotes
3. rm <remote file name>
4. vi remotes.conf
5. press a for example in vi editor, select the line which contains that remote name and press d to delete that line, then set current remote in line one existing remote. Press ESC and type :wq to save changes.

Please ask if u need more help there. Hope u get it working again,.

hi nirpe, in order to do the 1.1 update yesterday i uninstalled this app, not that i needed too but people were saying to remove apps from devel to make sure there were no issues with the update. i will reinstall it agian in a few days. it might be that the uninstall will cure the issue, if not i will run through the steps above.

thanks

I don't know what's going on...after i updated the latest firmware...this damm Qtrecco is not working again. It used to work all the time. I don't know what do do. I don't know how to tell if my IR is working or not. I don't know if lirc is running or not....all i know is that it used to work before.

I been doing a lot of uninstall and intall and nothing work.

Irreco didn't seem to want to work properly, so I switched to qtirreco and I've just got this working nicely this evening - had to record my own signals too since my tv and dvd player weren't in the remote database.

Had a few problems at first where the signals weren't being sent at all - I was able to check because the IR receiver I have flashes a light whilst it's receiving, but I could've done the view-through-a-digital-camera solution to see if it was transmitting otherwise.
Also, the files in the remote config files needed to be included in /etc/lircd.conf file and because I was transferring them in manually they weren't automatically being added.

Tags
irreco, qtirreco