Hello people, I know this has been talked about a lot, but I wanted people's opinions on this. I have four (yes 4) N900's, and I will never own an iphone (or any apple product for that fact). Basically all of my friends have the iphone 4, and everyday we meet I get more and more disappointed in the iphone product. Here are my reasons why the N900 is way way wayyyy better:

1- Software (Firmware): "Say what? But the ios is so amazing". Fact: it is not. Personally, I love maemo for so many reasons, I do not know where to start. The interface is so lovely, and the fact that the firmware (maemo) is linux based (open source) makes it so much better than the iphone's "non-open source" OS.

2- Unlocking/"Jailbreaking": The N900 comes factory unlocked, while nobody is able to unlock the Iphone via company (meaning via either AT&T OR apple) which KILLS ME!!! I am a mobile software engineer, so I have come across so many cases of unlocking. And I have never ever failed to get an unlock code from the carrier or the manufacturer. When I buy a device, I should be able to sell it whenever, to whoever I want, and that is what companies understand, except I guess AT&T and apple. I just dont get it. People still buy the phone, try to unlock it by going online, and often BRICK the phone because of a glitch in a process that some 12 year old made and uploaded online! Come on!!!! I have come across SOOO many people who have bricked their iphones while trying to unlock it. Jailbreaking: So let me get this straight. To be a "SU", or to even start to enjoy the iphone's abiilites, you need to "jailbreak" it. What does that mean? Well, apparently it (again) means going online and bricking your phone while trying to get SU on it. On the N900, it takes about 2 seconds to download rootsh and you are all set for life!!

3- Hardware: I do not know where to start. I would be sitting in a bar, changing the channels on the TV above me, only to hear this dude by me who has an iphone ask me "Do I have this app? What is this app called?". I guess they dont have an app for "everything" afterall, because their hardware is indeed, weak. Also, My KILLER FM Transmitter gets that question as well so many times. But then there are those who have so much faith in their iphones. "Dude, I bet you somebody has made an app to do that". GOOD LUCK!. So that is about the hardware on the N900. Hardware on the iphone: Well I wanted a pic that my friend took of me, so i asked him to bluetooth send it to me. He could not. Apparantly it is not possible, really???? I really hope I am wrong on this one, because if I can remember, my 1998 cellphone can do that. So that would be a shame.

This is already a long thread, and I am still missing so many things, like the crappy itunes and how people cant upload anything unless it is THEIR own licensed itunes.... Please let me know what you think about this, and give your opinion, which I will respect !

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gomaemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Ere we go!

"This is already a long thread"
WTF?

Also why there is "(4)" in subject field?

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
awesome , trust me !
loved your words and yeah there are no restrictions on the words.
write what ever you want .
because we all love our n900 :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
You should compare the N900 Vs. The HumancentiPad.

That is a think one.

Grettings.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Ere we go!

"This is already a long thread"
WTF?

Also why there is "(4)" in subject field?
iphone 4.. but the parenz because really all the versions would be compared the same way.

this must be like comparing a Mustang GT musclecar with a hybrid Honda Civic

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to di1in For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
N900 only compares to iphone 3G hardware wise.
and software wise iOS is still kinda behind. Close the topic now.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
so, which one do I drive, the Civic?

"The Cake Is A Lie"

Originally Posted by arora.rohan View Post
N900 only compares to iphone 3G hardware wise.
and software wise iOS is still kinda behind. Close the topic now.
What do you mean? Are you saying that the Iphone 4's hardware is much better than the N900's?

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Yesterday my cusin was here with iphone 4 (he is from other country and hi is not with me now). Just a for a while we fight and he showed his camera and zooming and he won... So sad

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos