Notices

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by spice View Post
it close itself.

Ok that's not crashing, try this disable all your network connections and then start Wazapp up (i think you have to many chats, i had the same issue) with all network connection disabled you will have more time to delete some chats before Wazapp closes. After deleting some chats start it up again and it should work.

Other method just delete the .deb file and install it again.

Last edited by sigpro; 2012-08-30 at 08:33.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ lebanon
i can only send msgs but i cannot recieve is this just me ?

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Catalonia
Cool. Thanks for your fast reply, team. I'd be deligthed to pay if some day you put this on a shop.

After installing last version (29th's) wazapp first didn't seem to send data (it had a red clock) yet data was being received. I restarted wazapp (and the machine) and now it closes itself.

I looked at Wazapp folder and it is empty (only media folder).

I looked at accounts and there were 2 wazapp acounts. I removed the last one and now it asks me for registration (with fail_too_many).
I removed the other one and I got again the fail_too_many problem.

But I got the "everything else failed?" button. That created the connection.

Yet I have the very same problem it closes after starting.

Next: I remove wazzapp AND the user Wazapp dir and install it again. Same problem. It starts and closes.
But then, when I'm already close to post it... I start again the app and.. It works!!! Perfect!!!

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Milan,Italy
Fail too many.... grrrrr

Originally Posted by sigpro View Post
Ok that's not crashing, try this disable all your network connections and then start Wazapp up (i think you have to many chats, i had the same issue) with all network connection disabled you will have more time to delete some chats before Wazapp closes. After deleting some chats start it up again and it should work.

Other method just delete the .deb file and install it again.
Thanx sigpro, i have deleted all the chats and is working

Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
I am using 2.8.4-31110 as per lmiked's post and I don't get messages from WhatsApp server telling me to upgrade.
@ginggs Thanks

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Germany
Hi,
first of all: thanks for the great work, devs! :-)

After installing wazapp-29082012-1330.deb, location sending seems to be broken.
If I send a location to myself, it gets the "yellow dot", but it never seems to get delivered.
If I restart Wazapp, my N9 vibrates announcing a new message, but none is displayed. Any other message I send to myself after that does not get send and stays "red".

Watching the logs gave me this:
Code:
WAXMPP: Resending 1 old messages
Conn:   Outgoing
Conn:   Incoming
Conn:   INEX
Conn:
<message type="chat" from="49151xxxxxx45@s.whatsapp.net" id="1346278905-0" t="1346278908">
<notify xmlns="urn:xmpp:whatsapp" name="fpe">
</notify>
<request xmlns="urn:xmpp:receipts">
</request>
<body>
</body>
<delay stamp="2012-08-29T22:21:48Z" xmlns="urn:xmpp:delay" from="s.whatsapp.net">
Offline Storage</delay>
<x stamp="20120829T22:21:48" xmlns="jabber:x:delay">
</x>
</message>

Conn:   INEX
WAXMPP: Resending old messages done
 {'status': 0, 'media_id': None, 'created': 1346310182032L, 'timestamp': 1346278908000.0, 'content': '', 'key': 'Key(idd="1346278905-0", from_me=False, remote_jid="49151xxxxxx45@s.whatsapp.net")', 'conversation_id': <Models.conversation.Conversation object at 0x40f8bdd0>, 'type': 0, 'id': None}
UI:     GETTING ACTIVE CONV
UI:     DONE
UI:
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is QFeedbackActuator(0x15d48c8), parent's thread is QThread(0x38cba8), current thread is StanzaReader(0x28d23f8)
WAEventHandler: A new message was received: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/waxmpp.py", line 977, in run
    self.parseMessage(node)
  File "/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/waxmpp.py", line 1544, in parseMessage
    self.eventHandler.message_received(fmsg,duplicate,"chat");
  File "/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/waxmpp.py", line 699, in message_received
    self.conn.sendMessageReceived(fmsg.key.remote_jid,mtype,fmsg.key.id);
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'remote_jid'
WAEventHandler: SEND UNAVAILABLE
(49151xxxxxx45@s.whatsapp.net in both cases is my own anonymized jid)

So apparently, the message received from the server is completely empty (<body></body>). Also, in waxmpp.py line 699 there is a problem with the "key" property. This error prevents the receipt to be sent, so the message stays yellow.

After fiddling around with the code a little bit, I realized that "key" only is still a flat string when receiving a Location from myself, otherwise it's a dict, like it is supposed to be.

I came up with this quick workaround, curing the symptoms and not the disease:
In line 698+, replace
Code:
if(fmsg.wantsReceipt):
  self.conn.sendMessageReceived(fmsg.key.remote_jid,mtype,fmsg.key.id);
with
Code:
if(fmsg.wantsReceipt):
  key = fmsg.key
  try:
    fmsg.key.remote_jid
  except AttributeError:
    key = eval(fmsg.key)
  self.conn.sendMessageReceived(key.remote_jid,mtype,key.id);
Thus being able to finally "receive" the empty, broken message (nothing gets displayed, of course), I was able to investigate further.
The actual problem seems to be, that WhatsApp always returns an error when trying to upload the location in the sendMessageWithLocation() method:

Code:
<stream:error>
<xml-not-well-formed xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams">
</xml-not-well-formed>
</stream:error>
PS:
Afterwards, I also changed line 464 in waxmpp.py from
Code:
fmsg.setData({"status":0,"content":"","type":1})
to
Code:
fmsg.setData({"status":0,"content":fmsg.content,"type":1})
so now at least I receive a message bubble saying "Location" instead of just nothing.

Thanks
fpe

Last edited by fpe; 2012-08-30 at 08:53.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fpe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Fornaci di Barga ITALY
Hello guys i read all the tread but i dont find the correct answer for my problem. I have installed wazapp from may (if i remember) and i work perfectly since yesterday when i installed the script for the auto-restart after crash. It work good but after shut down wazzapp cant connect to the server ( connecting status all night long.) i see on the tread that this appened for the new user. But i'm a old user.... What's wrong? I need help!
last things to know.. In those last day the number of message from the server to update are more than normal. 6 or 7 a day... I know that isnt important for us is only a symbian thing but i think it's better to say everythings!

waiting for help!

Hey all. Sorry if someone has already explained this error but every time I log onto Wazapp, I keep getting "connecting" at the top. I have downloaded update, uninstalled/reinstalled, everything I can think of. Can anyone help to fix this error? Preferably an easy was as I am a bit of a dumb blonde

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Germany
Hi,

I found another bug with image resizing:
If you send a screenshot (480x854), it will get enlarged to 600x1067, looking blurry and taking more bandwidth than necessary.

To fix this, change line 153 in client/wamediahandler.py from:
Code:
elif user_img.height() > 600:
to:
Code:
elif user_img.height() == user_img.width() and user_img.height() > 600:
---
Explanation:

The prevoius code was
Code:
if user_img.height() > user_img.width() and user_img.width() > 600:
  preimg = user_img.scaledToWidth(600, Qt.SmoothTransformation)
elif user_img.height() < user_img.width() and user_img.height() > 800:
  preimg = user_img.scaledToHeight(800, Qt.SmoothTransformation)
elif user_img.height() > 600:
  preimg = user_img.scaled(600, 600, Qt.KeepAspectRatioByExpanding, Qt.SmoothTransformation)
So a portrait image slimmer than 600px but taller than 800px slipped through the first two conditions and accidentally was treated as square image.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fpe For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp