Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post

While I like the new layout I find the grey text on green for the Start button is hard to read.
You are right about that. The reason is, that it is in disabled state. Once the button gets functional, it is clearly visible white text. Makes some sense to me...

What about making the start/stop button gray as long as it is disabled, and turn it green as soon as it can be used for start? I think I will experiment with that a bit.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
What about making the start/stop button gray as long as it is disabled, and turn it green as soon as it can be used for start? I think I will experiment with that a bit.
Sounds better.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
These are not screenprints from version 0.0.3-14, as this version has another look. But that would not really matter, as the rotation mechanisme would not differ.
I know, it`s from previous version. When it happened with newest version, I didn`t take the screenshot but it was exactly the same (like You suggested).

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
@artpra
What version of CSSU?
What settings are you using in cooktimer's rotation options?
Do you have any steps to recreate it?
Testing 8.x thumb (I`m sure that it happened with 8.1 and 8.2, can`t remember 8.0).
Cooktimer locked to portrait, hildon desktop locked to portrait too.
Sadly - no.

The Following User Says Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
Testing 8.x thumb (I`m sure that it happened with 8.1 and 8.2, can`t remember 8.0).
Cooktimer locked to portrait, hildon desktop locked to portrait too.
Sadly - no.
That's my config too for some while. But you also added a landscape screenshot, is that because of an opened keyboard?

All I do is just set the requested rotation mode in the mainscreen. No additional resize actions or other fance things. I am thinking hildon desktop glitches on your device, but that's a wild guess.

P.s. 0.0.3-15 is in the extras-devel queue (disabled stop/start button now gray)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
hildon-desktop version? Is it from cssu-devel or an older version?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
That's my config too for some while. But you also added a landscape screenshot, is that because of an opened keyboard?
All I do is just set the requested rotation mode in the mainscreen. No additional resize actions or other fance things. I am thinking hildon desktop glitches on your device, but that's a wild guess.
Yeah, landscape=keyboard open.
I was thinking about hildon desktop being the cause too, but it`s all guessing if I can not reproduce it. I`m running newest h-d from cssu-devel.

edit
Why I`m thinking its cooktimer and not h-d bug (and reporting it here, not in cssu-devel thread), because it only happened to cooktimer. And when it happened, all other running applications were fine (rotation and all). IIRC there was h-d update between bug occurrence too, so it appeared on two h-d versions.

Last edited by artpra; 2013-07-26 at 07:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany
thank you for this program, i use ist with joy everyday.

i want to report a bug:

Turning off the options "Wakeup screen on alarm", "Vibrate on alarm" and "Sound on alarm" does not work properly.

On next program startup they are turned on again, although the dropdown shows they're turned off. To turn those options actually off you have to switch to "on" and "off" again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasmarc For This Useful Post:
Somehow never noticed this

Version 0.0.3-17 now in extras-devel should fix this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Feature request: allow several timers with notes for single item.
When cooking, there are almost always operations that needs to be done during cooking time - for example lower the gas after 10 minutes, add an ingredient after 20 minutes etc.

allowing 2 alarms for rice cooking for example (with a displayed label) - after 10 minutes - "Rice - Lower the gas", after 30 minutes - "Rice - Ready" will be a great addition.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
I have given it some thought, but I do not see it fit easy in the current Cooktimer. I am not even sure how I would implement it anyway. But I will give some more thought in the future.

The remark about a displayed label however did give me the idea to show a banner when an alarm rings. It can be switched off and be found in Cooktimer 0.0.3-18 (extras-devel).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooktimer, nokia n900