Active Topics

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
... I wonder if OVI store (or is it already Nokia Store?) really has to go.
In true Nokia fashion, it is Nokia Store to consumers, but still Ovi Store to publishers.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
The current unknown (at least for me) is knowing what we loose by flashing Harmattan with an aegis-free kernel. It is theoretically possible, though I haven't seen a list of what would be broken (probably OVI store, but the swipe UI should work, and Nokia apps maybe).
If we don't loose anything important with custom open kernel, then you just boot with nokia kernel whenever you install anything from OVI, and boot with other kernel the rest of the time.

But we need to know what works and what doesn't.
So who's going to be a nice guinea pig and be the first to flash a custom kernel?

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
It was just a typo. 'sued' should have been 'used.'
Looks like I started a trend......

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
So who's going to be a nice guinea pig and be the first to flash a custom kernel?
Id try it if someone gave me an extra N9 for it. I feel the N950 guys should be doing this :P .

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Anyone seen this review from gearburn?

Their major negative point about the N9 is its OS. Apparently it's crappy and looks like Symbian. I've not heard of Gearburn and now i can see why.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Battery is far worse than they have described. Either that or Ive got a bad device.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Anyone seen this review from gearburn?

Their major negative point about the N9 is its OS. Apparently it's crappy and looks like Symbian. I've not heard of Gearburn and now i can see why.
The article is schizophrenic. ON one hand he loves a lot of things, but doesnt seem to like the UI. Calls it childish but doesnt specify why? Not sure what his point is

Originally Posted by slai View Post
Battery is far worse than they have described. Either that or Ive got a bad device.
How is your battery exactly? At first, mine drained also very fast... but I also had problems with my contacts setup, which all of a sudden didn't work anymore... I did a hard-reset ("Clear device") and now everything is fine. With good use, battery seems now to last about 1,5 - 2 days and idling around this night it only lost 3% of battery (idle for 9h with WLAN active and doing automatic Facebook & Twitter updates all night).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Ill upload some snaps from the battery monitor app.

editing them in here in a little bit.

edit:

Last edited by slai; 2011-10-12 at 15:24.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JohnHughes View Post
Most frequent comment so far - "Is that the new iPhone?"
If someone asks me that I'll say yes. And then try to convince them that the nokia logo on the front is because Nokia bought Apple

(reel men never sue the spill chucker)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????