Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I kinda appreciate what Gerbick/Dan sometimes bang on about WRT elitest dev<->everyone else attitudes:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=33186#post33186
OMG. You sissypants, you came here for consolation?
This is just pathetic... Grow up some balls.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
They told me end of november on the phone...
Oh man,,,, when did you ask? After I preordered some dude called me and he said they should have it at the end of the month.

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
Gerbick, unless you own stock on these companies, why the fvck do you care how much they've sold?
More sells => More users => More Developers interested.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
@unfuccwittable

put in slightly less disney channel way i usually say it but same meaning.

arguing about sales numbers and fanatics etc doesn't change a thing. getting too involved just leads to either frustration or distraction. it's like how i hear people talking about why a player did this or that and how they are feeling and what their thinking etc when watching a match. it's pointless and makes no sense as putting yourself in that situation you'd know they were talking bollocks. so trying to explain the reasons behind no lines or why they dropped maemo or why this or why they didn't use this chip etc is pointless.

i went and did a challange run through muck and **** and ditches, **** etc. this story has nothing to do with the N9 but it's just as relevant as most of the posts on this thread.

its a phone not a new kidney.

Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
Anybody that ever thought MeeGo had a chance at becoming even the number 5 OS is smoking some good sh1t. Keep that sh1t 100, none of us expected MeeGo to do anything, really.

The Following User Says Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
I don't recall one single model of Nokia released phones that they quoted a number of units sold. All I can find are speculations.

Has anyone any numbers? Heard of someone who had some?
It stopped with the N95, it seems. The 5800 initial sales - and they were quite massive in like the first month or two - were also stated early on.

Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
Gerbick, unless you own stock on these companies, why the fvck do you care how much they've sold?
I own Nokia stock. I own Microsoft stock.

And I also like facts. What's so hard to understand?

These companies don't care about you or me or anyone like you and me.
Here, I agree 100%.

I understand your frustration, I do. But do you, as an owner of several Nokia Internet Tablets REALLY care about sales?
Actually I do care about sales. It tends to lead to further development and sales. I honestly think that the Harmattan team deserves to be given a fair chance to develop this UI into something further.

I don't disagree with most of what else you said. But I fear that you've not taken the time to understand my stance.

I speak about sales as a validation tool for two things - not to counter the iPhone 4S sales, Apple is having it's heyday right now. That ebbs and flows between whomever is popular. Give it another couple of years, it'll be somebody else. But for a long-term strategy, I don't see how WP7 fits Nokia. I can see how Symbian did fit them, got them quite a bit of traction actually.

And just imagine having something that was once ahead of the game, like Maemo and Qt, and letting it languish because you lack the foresight, then you have to fall back on the facts. Not opinions of how Qt is the "best ever" or how the "N900 is the best ever" - no. Those are opinions. But what if you fell back to stats of sales figures that look impressive enough to continue funding.

You cannot argue results. You cannot dispute facts.

That's the takeaway. Nothing else stated really matters. I'll argue specs all day with you. I might even know a couple of things about what I'm talking about (not likely) - but if I hear that "Device X" sold 3 million in 1 month, even my peanut sized brain knows that's a helluva lot of devices and that will mean that my gadget of choice will receive an update to either software or hardware.

Facts in this case would be beneficial. Opinions are standard fare around these parts.

Bonus points for using MF DOOM in a reference.

Last edited by gerbick; 2011-10-15 at 17:32.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
OMG. You sissypants, you came here for consolation?
This is just pathetic... Grow up some balls.
Shut up. Adults are talking.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
arguing about sales numbers and fanatics etc doesn't change a thing.
Only if you're comparing which one sold the most. I'm not doing that.

Look above at what I stated. I'm not even asking for sales numbers to bolster any argument I would have.

Rather see the sales go hand-in-hand to getting more work out of the Harmattan team. As it stands, it's the only path that Nokia has that makes sense to me. WP7 doesn't - and I own a WP7 device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
= bigger community

= more longevity of said device

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????