Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I am just a new user but I love Meecast already. What a shame that Sailfish does not have the concept of home screen widgets, or Meecast could replace Foreca I still use on my N900. One possible workaround could be showing the forecast for the next X days/hours on the cover, but that is just an idea thrown in the ring. I have also found I had to make some compromises when coosing the provider, but again I blaim the provider, not the app.

There are two tings I wanted to mention/ask that I believe are about the app and not the provider, BICBW:
  1. The sunrise/sunset, if they are shown at all, are only shown for today. That is somewhat less useful than it might be. It is more interesting when the sunrise is going to be tomorrow, rather than when it was today. Similarly for the lenght of the day.
  2. The air pressure is 101 kPa, not Pa as the app is showing.

That's it. Minor things. Congratulations on such a successful and popular app and... thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by rrunner64 View Post
I was looking for some German cities and selected openweathermap.org as provider but found only very few stations. Surprisingly the states of Germany are again listed under Denmark with a lot more stations (some are duplicates but most of them not). It seems there is something mixed up between Germany and Denmark with openweathermap.org as provider.
Thanks for bug report. It will be fixed in next release.

Vlad.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I am just a new user but I love Meecast already. What a shame that Sailfish does not have the concept of home screen widgets, or Meecast could replace Foreca I still use on my N900. One possible workaround could be showing the forecast for the next X days/hours on the cover, but that is just an idea thrown in the ring. I have also found I had to make some compromises when coosing the provider, but again I blaim the provider, not the app.

There are two tings I wanted to mention/ask that I believe are about the app and not the provider, BICBW:
  1. The sunrise/sunset, if they are shown at all, are only shown for today. That is somewhat less useful than it might be. It is more interesting when the sunrise is going to be tomorrow, rather than when it was today. Similarly for the lenght of the day.
  2. The air pressure is 101 kPa, not Pa as the app is showing.

That's it. Minor things. Congratulations on such a successful and popular app and... thanks!
Thanks.
2-nd kPa will be fixed.

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Hi.
I've uploaded latest version of MeeCast (0.9.12) to harbour and openrepos. https://openrepos.net/content/vasvla...ast-sailfishos

Changelog:

* Added Palanga(Lithuania) to weather.com, yr.no, openweathermap.org sources

* Removed donation link

* Added wake up internet connection for refresh weather forecast

* Added station Poselok rudnika Kupol to gismeteo.ru source

* Fixed problem with Denmark, Germany stations in openweathermap.org source

* Fixed incorrect name of pressure from "Pa" to "kPa"

* Updated Catalan, Dutch, Finnish, Germany, Norway, Slovenian, Spanish,Italian, Czech, Danish translations

Vlad.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
Works like a charm now... On previous versions had to tap to update widget, now it all just works like it should

Last edited by wrm; 2014-12-01 at 07:54. Reason: typo

Hi.
I've uploaded the new version of the MeeCast to Openrepos and QA proccess in Harbour.

Changelog:

* Added string for translation from openweathermap.org source
* Removed unnecessary second refresh action on cover page. Thanks George Nikandrov
* Set source logo to top of cover page. Thanks George Nikandrov
* Fixed problem with Icon and Null wind speed data on cover page
* Fixed problem with 'Next station' and 'Update' buttons on cover page. Thanks TMavica

Vlad.
P.S. Merry Christmas everyone.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
you are welcome!

Nice app.
Also giving +1 to the idea of showing several days forecast on the cover.

I mean, I pretty much know the current weather at my location if I look outside the window (except of the exact temperature). I'd rather have the information what the weather will be tomorrow and perhaps some more days after that (space and readability permitting)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to japa-fi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
One possible workaround could be showing the forecast for the next X days/hours on the cover, but that is just an idea thrown in the ring.
I also think this could be a cool option to toggle between in settings. Or maybe even better, change every few seconds on cover between the two states (now / forecast).

Originally Posted by japa-fi View Post
Nice app.
Also giving +1 to the idea of showing several days forecast on the cover.

I mean, I pretty much know the current weather at my location if I look outside the window (except of the exact temperature). I'd rather have the information what the weather will be tomorrow and perhaps some more days after that (space and readability permitting)
I have not any ideas how it can work for a small cover page.

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post: