Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
People keep complaining how stupid/buggy/idiotic/laggy etc PR1.2 is. However I am very satisfied with it:

1. Browser is faster
2. Flash is flashier
3. You can install more apps
4. More apps work
5. New QT
6. New Ovi maps
7. Everything pretty much works
8. Better battery life
9. Portrait modes in browser and conversations
10. Skype video calls
11. Enhanced media player
12. Improved calendar
13. Smoother scrolling

And I do not want any angry comments on how I am wrong. Itīs a miracle Maemo-community even gets updates anymore when thinking how bad itīs going with Nokia...

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to AtteK0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by AtteK0 View Post
9. Portrait modes in browser and conversations
11. Enhanced media player

How does the conversations support portrait mode? Ctrl + Shift + R works only for that one instance of the app.... Plus you can't write it in portrait mode, u'll need a separate app for that.

And I'm not sure how's the media player enhanced?

Am with you !

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by navsin View Post
How does the conversations support portrait mode? Ctrl + Shift + R works only for that one instance of the app.... Plus you can't write it in portrait mode, u'll need a separate app for that.

And I'm not sure how's the media player enhanced?
Media playerīs remote desktop management is enhanced (not buggy, faster). Scrolling is better, new icon when playing. Bluetooth headsets can use commands to control the desktop widget (really convenient).

Sure, conversations does not support vertical writing. However reading and scrolling through the messages is more convenient in the portrait mode. Would you write in portrait mode if you had the option? Probably not...

i am with you... while i admit there are some problems... a device is only good if it works for your purposes... for me... this addresses the things I need to get done.

3. You can install more apps

...you can?

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
it definitely is better and faster although I guess with flash 10.1 the browsing experience would be even better.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
I am perfectly happy with PR1.2 too I think that it was hyped too much so many people is now disappointed.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinipyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
im with you, but it was awesome before 'the latest update'

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
Quite umderwhelmed to be honest. From a pure user perspective 1.2 only brings two updates to the table.
Maps are improved (but not as good as competition) or Nokias own symbian.
Skype video call - a feature that really should have been there at launch (AFAIK ff camera was not usable with anything before 1.2).

I personally don't feel any speed or power improvements. Fx media player still stutters plenty when using BT headset + recording GPS (ecoach).

All the horizontal views are for show only, as none can be used in that mode (can't write location in browser, write mail or sms/conversation).

To me, the only improvements are minor (shift arrows in browser to goto top/bottom of page and press hold to get alt symbols on keys).

The time spent on 1.2 really worries me for the future of Nokia software. Don't get me wrong, I love my N900, but with this update speed, it will fall behind and won't win over new users.
/rant off

Last edited by nikolajhendel; 2010-05-28 at 13:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to nikolajhendel For This Useful Post: