Posts: 42 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ planet earth i guess
hi

many applications are about to arrive on n9 (full maps, sportracker) - as it is all arm-linux - should it not be easy to copy application files from n9 to n900 ? if needed some dll - and create a chroot box like for running webos apps on n900 !

anybode with a n9 or n950 tried it already ?!

ciao

Originally Posted by -miniME- View Post
many applications are about to arrive on n9 (full maps, sportracker) - as it is all arm-linux - should it not be easy to copy application files from n9 to n900 ? if needed some dll - and create a chroot box like for running webos apps on n900 !
Maybe, if you are running MeeGo CE on the N900. Otherwise not a chance (Fremantle and MeeGo/Harmattan use different ARM sub-architectures).

hmm - if it runs on meego ce on a n900 - it certainly should run on maemo in a chroot environment - if it does not depend too much on kernel and certain devices not available on n900. i am going to try out - just downloading a n950 image from nokia rda.

a simple test gave that binaries from n950 run on n900 ! so - time to find the files to copy stuff over to n900 !

As redistributing the images may be problematic, it would be best to create a script
to download the images, pick the relevant files, package them as deb files, and install
them.