Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Hahahaha...
Oooooh!
Had a good laugh there...

Yup ...
Just as the neo900 shows...

Why .. the other day now...
I was doing just that on my neo900.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by clort View Post
The 6" screen on the F(x)tec Pro 1 is of course great for reading content, but the keyboard is so large, I will need to try before buy.
same here but how would we even be able to do that, the device wont be sold in any stores...

and paying 650 for a device i am almost sure is too big to use properly just because 'there is a chance' would be plain stupid.

or can we expect a full refund if the device turns out unusable?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaiKo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Hahahaha...
Oooooh!
Had a good laugh there...

Yup ...
Just as the neo900 shows...

Why .. the other day now...
I was doing just that on my neo900.
Well whaddya know, some people have access to the prototype devices. Even neo900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by SaiKo View Post
same here but how would we even be able to do that, the device wont be sold in any stores...

and paying 650 for a device i am almost sure is too big to use properly just because 'there is a chance' would be plain stupid.

or can we expect a full refund if the device turns out unusable?
Unless both of you have a Deadpool hands, that really shouldnt be an issue. Just try stretching your thumbs over any phone that is the same size as pro1. For me , it is better to stretch tumbs than typing on cramped keyboard. I did like N900 but that keyboard really was not comfortable for prolonged typing.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
The screens don't forbid it, the drivers / the operating systems do.
The question remains: who cares? If I cannot get my car over 50 km/h, I absolutely don't care whether it is because the engine is dodgy or some automatic speed limiter kicks in. All I care about is that I cannot get over 50 km/h. I want it fixed or a different car.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The question remains: who cares? If I cannot get my car over 50 km/h, I absolutely don't care whether it is because the engine is dodgy or some automatic speed limiter kicks in. All I care about is that I cannot get over 50 km/h. I want it fixed or a different car.
If the problem is not the HW or driver, then it can be fixed. There's your new car, no need to buy it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
...then it can be fixed.
Now we are back to the old argument about things that "can" happen.
Like FOSS is fantastic because everyone "can" find and fix bugs.

I don't care about some mythical "cans". What good is a treasure at the end of the rainbow? You can't build a house with a "potential" of a brick. You need the actual bricks.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
But what are you going to do with a resistive screen and a stylus on Android, Sailfish, iOS, or what have you? You don't just need a new car with a new engine, you need a different vehicle altogether.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Any chance the release date gets pushed up? We're still at least 3 months out...
I've been getting tempted by the Galaxy s10e hard

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
Unless both of you have a Deadpool hands, that really shouldnt be an issue. Just try stretching your thumbs over any phone that is the same size as pro1. For me , it is better to stretch tumbs than typing on cramped keyboard. I did like N900 but that keyboard really was not comfortable for prolonged typing.
Deadpool hands? Um no, this device is large, there's no getting around that. I'm sure they tried really hard to keep it as compact as possible, but it's not a small or ergonomic based on dimensions. This phone is as large as some phablets and heavier than nearly every other phone on the market. Let's not kid ourselves here, using this device may be difficult for a good amount of people
Go find a Kyocera duraforce pro 2 if you want a phone with similar dimensions to feel. That's the size you're working with

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit