Notices

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
Hi!

This morning, i've managed to bring my app to extras-devel.
Its a useful app to count your drinks when you are going out, to estimate your alcohol level, or to know how many drinks do you have to pay if you are not able to count it anymore

There are some known bugs like the own-implementated drag&drop sometimes have problems, i hope the next qt-release will fix that.
- You cant add more than 15 different drinks.
- The menu has "//" near the buttons.
- choosing drinkpicture at "new drink" needs ~5 seconds to open.
A missing feature is making bill.

I will correct all this when i have enought time for it but the current release is still useable, i think.

Have fun
Attached Images

Last edited by AndiThebest; 2010-04-15 at 12:50.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to AndiThebest For This Useful Post:
Do you really need to support over 15 drinks? I think at that time the app will be unusable to many anyway (unless you are drinking pisswater) LOL

15 different drinks means, you cant define more than 15 different... the drinks in the history are open-end
I was still able to use it at 1,9 permill, i've tried last weekend :P

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
how about the user dependent parameters (alcohol clearance rate based on weight/sex) ?

Long long time ago I made a very similar text only program in a programmable calculator (in Basic ... good old days ) and I specifically went to the doctor for 4 specifically timed blood tests, after drinking a clearly measured amount of alcohol to see what my absoption rate and alcohol clearance rate was. Of course the absorption rate is previous food intake dependent.

I even went through the hassle of reading my GP study books on forensic medicine (alcohol testing specific) to get the proper formulas used in court (by doctors) ...

Anyway, my personal parameters were not that far off the empiral formulas taking into account weight and sex.

How do you take those in consideration in your program ?

Luckily I had a very understanding GP, interested in what I was trying to achieve ...

Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
how about the user dependent parameters (alcohol clearance rate based on weight/sex) ?

Long long time ago I made a very similar text only program in a programmable calculator (in Basic ... good old days ) and I specifically went to the doctor for 4 specifically timed blood tests, after drinking a clearly measured amount of alcohol to see what my absoption rate and alcohol clearance rate was. Of course the absorption rate is previous food intake dependent.

I even went through the hassle of reading my GP study books on forensic medicine (alcohol testing specific) to get the proper formulas used in court (by doctors) ...

Anyway, my personal parameters were not that far off the empiral formulas taking into account weight and sex.

How do you take those in consideration in your program ?

Luckily I had a very understanding GP, interested in what I was trying to achieve ...

This is my calc function:

Code:
//returns additive permill
float Alcohol::calcAlc(int drinkType) {
    float gkw;
    float A;
    float c;

float amountMl = m_drinkDefs->at(drinkType).amountMl;
    float percentage = m_drinkDefs->at(drinkType).percentage;

// http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blutalkoholkonzentration
    gkw = 2.447 - 0.09516 * m_sett->bodyAge + 0.1074 * m_sett->bodyHeight + 0.3362 * m_sett->bodyWeight;
    A = amountMl * percentage * 0.8;
    c = 0.8 * A / (1.055 * gkw);

return c/100;
}

Ah, the dependence of the gender is still missing, i will correct this too. Its a empiric formula from wikipedia and i think it gives good results...
It depends on weight, bodyhight, age, and in future gender.
I still dont know how i can observe food in the calculation

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Interesting but in practice is anyone going to be getting their phone out at the pub and recording things?

Don't want to knock a good app, but it kinda seems like a fallacy. If you're sober enough to do be using it then you know how many drinks you've had and approx when. If you're too sloshed to remember what you've drunk then the likelihood of using your phone to record the drink type and time is going to be slim. You'll be talking to people in a bustling environment.

And... who can operate the N900 with one hand (holding a drink with the other) while sober, let alone while drinking!

Maybe it could find a niche for drinking circles/contests; centurions, etc?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Last edited by cashclientel; 2010-04-15 at 13:03.

Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
Interesting but in practice is anyone going to be getting their phone out at the pub and recording things?

Don't want to knock a good app, but it kinda seems like a fallacy. If you're sober enough to do be using it then you know how many drinks you've had and approx when. If you're too sloshed to remember what you've drunk then the likelihood of using your phone to record the drink type and time is going to be slim. You'll be talking to people in a bustling environment.

And... who can operate the N900 with one hand (holding a drink with the other) while sober, let alone while drinking!

Maybe it could find a niche for drinking circles/contests; centurions, etc?
Good point, i will add a time-choose window.
On my tests, i put out my phone every time.. the reason why i was looking for an little eye-candy ui with animations

Hello,

Having a wee play and I like the concept. Still trying to figure out what "promille" means.

I'm from New Zealand and our driving limits are:
Current Legal Limits
Drivers under 20 years - 150mcg breath or 30mg blood;
Drivers over 20 years - 400mcg breath or 80mg blood.

Yeah bunch of drunks I know. But they nail us to the wall big time for drink driving, and people like me (pilots) can't afford to get done. So some sort of breath or blood alcohol calculator would be of some use..

Cheers T

Haha, neat application (though I agree, I can't see a often use case lol).

But, one useful feature might be a user set limit. E.g. an individual can set a drink limit before the application sounds off to let them know they should stop.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

promille is the german word for "per mill", should be english, i know
so the percentage of alcohol in blood.
Is it calculated in mg/mcg in new zealand instead of permill?

For me, i need the app in our pub, i dont remember my drinks when its time to pay and i can estimate when i'm allowed to drive my car next day.

Tags
andithelush