Poll: N900/Android
Poll Options
N900/Android

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
HI N900 guys,

recently my n900 just died(it just fell in to a hard floor and its ribbon broke). so should i get a new N900?? i really love it!!

Me with N900:
I am not an expert with commands but know few of them.. Not a lover of apps(i got adjusted to N900), I have all the spare's of N900(like batteries,USB-OTG cable,GG and another N900 case)love web browsing,Love playing pokemon using gpsp emu. I love its im's and i love to be online and chat with my friends..(n900 does that extremely well:-))

But many people just say not to go with N900 because its very old one.. i get demotivated at times.. so is it ok to get a N900 again..??or should i go for an Android??Is N900 still under development?how long will it be in development??

My heart thumps for N900 but my mind says me go for an android..i really need your help guys!!

PS: i also have a new N900 on sale for rs.17k($325)from a trusted dealer.. thats dead cheap!!

Edit: added poll.. and sorry if my English is bad!!

Last edited by visN900; 2012-12-03 at 03:58.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Well 325 bucks for new Mean Machine, that's cheapest chips...right. Go for N900 - don't even ask if is it still under development - it is big time man. If You are used to your device, and You enjoy at least it's half of potential (as You wrote that You are't big fan of command line) You will be (for sure) bored with any other phone/tablet/what ever whitin couple weeks. May advice to You is N900, so You can enjoy and discover more and more things every day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Why no N9 option? I have both the N900 and N9, so just curious.

Last edited by lancewex; 2012-12-03 at 03:15.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
N900 is good but its from 2009. If you are lover of h/w keyboard go for it else wait for Jolla if you hate android.

For apps/games you don't have them so you are not using. Look at apkenv thread where people are eagerly waiting to have android games/apps imported to n900.

Experts say that Galaxy S3 is one of the best android device till date. Remeber you are shelling out $325 for a 3 year old device. I agree you love it..but think practically. You can also look for LG Optimus 4XHD P880 as other option.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m_dk29 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
N900 is a veeery entertaining device. I can't get bored of it. It is a linux PC after all.

and your alternatives?

if you want Android, go for the Nexus 4 or the Galaxy Nexus (for the best support str8 from Google)

Want WP8? Go for the Lumia 920!
Love cameras and multimedia/connectivity capabilities? Grab the mighty Pureview 808 with S^3 Belle Refresh FP2.

Want Droid with qwerty? Motorola Droid 4.
Or wait for Jolla's devices with Meego Sailfish.

* imo , nothing tops the N900. GNote2 comes close though

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-12-03 at 03:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
@lancewex
its not available in india.. Thats y i hesitate to buy a N9.
@md_k29
yes i agree to the fact that i spend that much and get a n900. My question is will i get the type of web browsing experience as of n900 or the IM feature(seriously i love the way n900 organise's it.) i need to install a separate app for facebook im where as its in built in n900. And its speed.. I think these features will not be thr in a 17k($350) android device..
@hellasisgreece
u ll surely get tired of lumia interface within a month when u immediately jump from such an open sourced OS to its opposite.. Symbian is dead and it lags a bit..

Last edited by visN900; 2012-12-03 at 04:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ / Puerto Rico/ Arecibo
N900
THERE'S NOTHING LIKE HAVING A N810 B LEARNING SO MUCH THEN THE N900/THAT'S WHEN YOUR BRAIN REALLY EXPLODES,,,, THEN THE WHOLE DEAL WITH THE N9 THE STORY BEHIND IT MAN THAT'S JUST GONNA BE THE LAY REAL NOKIA EVER MADE THAT'S GONNA BE THE END OF THE LINE..sadly,, BUT THE DINGHY BOAT IS A LIFE SAVER,,, dirt Nokia but in this time you made a horrible mistake and lost the most precious of all asets ..., people like me who all we ever had since or very first phone A NOKIA who connected me to my friends around me then WHAT SMARTPHONES WHAT,,,, IT WAS LIKE BECOMING A MAN then all the Maemo story,, shrugs,,, well thanks I got your last flagships thanks good work...click click light off

Fix your N900 show people how its really done...kinda like...ymmv Hire you use this..dumbed friend..proceed to tell him well buddy grow do you hold a phone..like this...PHONE APP OPENS BY MAGIC IT BECOMES A PHONE

its like the Bruce Lee off devices

Now the N9 is more like Yoda

Wait for sailfish,,,,,
Just wait these Maemo guys are not gonna let this work go to waste.

The grandest of all history living we all are

About eneitten usr XD

Operating System
Maemo4 (Penguin SMASHING windows lmbo]
Mobile Phone
it doesnt matter i still gotta wait to get a nokia what else...,,,,waiting..,,,,,,
Handhelds
15 months N810 all day everyyyyyy day thats it!!: g eek:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eneitten usr XD For This Useful Post:
I want to know if it is reasonable to buy n900 even i have n9.

That's expensive ! I'm selling my n900 for $190..still can nego, lol !

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
If you are going to buy another Nokia N900 don't spend more than £100 or equivalent. Why not answer the following question? What do you want to do with your phone? (Edit: sorry, I see what you want to do with it).

m_dk29 mentioned Jolla. If I was you, I would wait for the new Jolla device or get yourself a cheap Nokia N9, I believe it can run the Jolla OS. At least then you are keeping up with the exciting developments, it is also open source and there is plenty of fun to be had with the new OS. The N900 hasn't died yet, but the future of Jolla I think is more exciting. (imo), only time will tell. Maybe Jolla will be ported to the N900, who knows?

My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post: