Potatoes, onions, squash, corn, asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, Snow peas and zucchini are all good grilled.
Marinate in 1/2 cup olive oil 1/2 cup soy sauce 1/2 cup lemon juice 1/2 clove garlic, crushed or just brush with olive oil, salt and pepper.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
(an off-topic tangent in an off-topic thread!)

overfloat: bananas and pineapples are vegetables.

I'm so tired of the "tomatoes are actually a fruit" thing. Yes, they are a fruit, but so are lots of other "vegetables". Cucumbers are not only a fruit, they're closely related to watermelon. Anything with seeds inside is a fruit. Peppers! Eggplant! Pumpkin! Squash! Corn! Fruits, one and all!

Perhaps a better distinction would be "sweet vegetables" vs "savory vegetables".

All that being said, I'm not a big fan of cooked / grilled banana. I had some in Mexico and it got a bit too dry and leathery.

I really like grilled pineapple though.
I'm thinkin a banana is a nut.

Like a big ol' smooshie cashew or suttin...

SLN member # 009

Originally Posted by katkat View Post
Potatoes, onions, squash, corn, asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, Snow peas and zucchini are all good grilled.
Marinate in 1/2 cup olive oil 1/2 cup soy sauce 1/2 cup lemon juice 1/2 clove garlic, crushed or just brush with olive oil, salt and pepper.
This, except use sweet potatos.

Also, I usually cook the corn seperately. Soak the corn husks in salt water for a few hours, then toss em on a bare grill. When the outside starts to turn black on the edges, take em off and let them cool, then peel and enjoy.