Active Topics

why the surprise ?

progress has been available to anyone who wanted to check on it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Lol, i wish everyone will just forget about meego. It is not going to happen. We really need to teach nokia a lesson here. Even if there release Meego or what ever they decide to call it, it will not survive the market. I hate to say it WMP7 or which ever one ms is releasing tomorrow has a better chance of surviving that Meego will ever have.

PS: Nokia just like Sony will NEVER get my money again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
why the surprise ?

lol, progress my ***. If this is what you call progress after 2yrs then you really need to smell the competition out there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
how to dualboot with kernel power v47 installed..??

lol - right now i am being slammed has a meego supporter

rofls tmo has come full circle

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Vancouver, BC
Just switched 1.2.80 to 1.1.99 DE, currently booting power kernel, stock, & Nitdroid U12/May as well. As it comes up every thread - I followed mostly these instructions (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73146) to get it multi-booting.

A bit slow, likely on account of the SD card. DE is better than the 1.2.80 version, in that it detects screen size properly. Didn't poke too much at it, but was able to make a phone call to the wife and take some pictures. SMS program crashed & wouldn't close so didn't get to try. Also, battery wouldn't charge. Long way to go...

Last edited by CowMan; 2011-05-24 at 04:17. Reason: sentence fix

This is not indicative of anything, don't worry. Just something to play with and hack on.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
Lol, i wish everyone will just forget about meego. It is not going to happen. We really need to teach nokia a lesson here. Even if there release Meego or what ever they decide to call it, it will not survive the market. I hate to say it WMP7 or which ever one ms is releasing tomorrow has a better chance of surviving that Meego will ever have.

PS: Nokia just like Sony will NEVER get my money again.
With comments like this and i know it is a common feeling among everyone who wants progress to happen it is clear proof that MeeGo is just not making the grade and to be honest if the latest release of MeeGo DE is all they can do then i would fold up go home and forget it after this length of time.

I have been critical before with good reason to be and now we see the proof in the pudding so to speak, i am totally shocked at the so called wonderfull progress of MeeGo.

People judge by performance and stskeeps needs to read just how it is and stop dreaming.

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
why the surprise ?

What progress are you talking about here? or are you dreaming yet again

If the truth was known then the current state of MeeGo is no more than a days worth of development put together and released.

My god i have done more in an hour than these so called devs have done to date.