Active Topics

Ok, I know there is a Kismet thread, but I'm having problems finding a deb that works in Diablo and gives GPS support with the n810. I've searched around the forums, but if it's in there then it's a six billion post thread.

Has anyone gotten the combination of Kismet+GPS+n810+Diablo to work? Kismet is of little use to me if I can't get the GPS to work. Help greatly appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Irongeek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
AFAICT, kismet is of little use on the n8x0 because it doesn't seem to play nice with the cx3110x wireless driver (vice versa, rather). Many surmised this was due to Nokia's connection manager (icd), but having tested it without the connection manager running, I'm relatively confident that the driver just doesn't behave the way kismet expects it to in monitor mode. The situation may improve later since there's a new open source wireless driver being developed.

This info is accurate, from my experience as of chinook. If someone has more recent info, please share.

-John

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Yea i've been trying to find a solution for a long time, i remember someone telling me that I had to edit kismet_server and edit the config file. I think that a program that can map wifi in a map is just amazing, but on a device as mobile as an n810: thats a dream come true . i hope someone finds a solution. aircrack-ng can also log gps but i think it only shows your location and the time.

Theres no other way to sniff packets then?

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
you can sniff packets, with airodump-ng and kismet, kismet cap files save in home/usr/

Update2:

I've got it working.

Thanks for nothing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

Well, I've just managed to install kismet but I can't create the mentioned directory?

Maybe cos I'm using the external mmc?

Thanks

PS: Don't forget, I'm new to maemo/linux & Co...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys,

I'm new to maemo/linux.
I've got the boot from external mmc working and was trying to get the pen-testing tools working on my N810.

I'm following:
http://www.p16blog.com/p16/2008/05/hackathon-pics.html
to get kismet working.

I've just managed to install the ncurses-base and tcpdump.
I also got root priviliges.

But how do I install tz1's deb?
It isn't working over "apt-get install ..."?

Can somebody help me please?

I almost reached the goal...

Regards

Last edited by thor2001; 2009-08-27 at 12:11. Reason: upd2

While this is an old thread, just in case somebody stumbles across is looking to get Kismet working with the n810 diablo and internal/external gps they can see this tutorial that I created.

http://www.jedge.com/wordpress/2011/...less-auditing/

The Following User Says Thank You to jedge For This Useful Post: