Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Washington,Seattle
So I was wondering,since I'm getting a Nokia N9 soon,
Is there DLNA on it? That would be nice to play video to my ps3 or 360 wirelessly via dlna.(it's fine if there isn't, I got a nokia video cable)

Also Is there any information about usb on the go.(it's fine if there isn't ,16gb is enough for me but being able to connect my external hard drive would be nice)

Lastly is a ps3 controller able to be connected to the N9 for some emulator gametime.

Finally,I also hope we can use the front facing camera soon, I just use it as a mirror sometimes.Oh yea and is it possible to zoom or/and have flash on while recording?
Sorry for all the questions, was just curious

Mind you, these are responses coming from a fellow linux noob so dont hold me accountable for my answers, lol.
DLNA as far as I know is enabled, and USB OTG is not. I don't think it is a hardware restriction, so I'm pretty sure we have some genius hackers in the community that can find a way to enable it...now will they...is another question :S
I heard a rumor that Smoku will be adjusting his work to implement the PS3 controller on the N9 just like he did with the N900 (a genius right there, lol). Although, if you pair a PS3 controller you will lose connectivity with the PS3, unless you keep resetting and repairing the controller each time...
And the front facing camera is already usable as a mirror, and im sure some apps make use of it. There just isn't video calling enabled just yet... I heard again it's something we should wait for Nokia to introduce on a next patch.
I'm not a pro with the camera, but I haven't been able to zoom in/out in video mode and no flash. But you manage the focus at any time with video though.

Last edited by IsaacDFP; 2011-11-23 at 21:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
DLNA is there, it just needs a GUI like Rygel (GTK+ based).
Maybe someone's working on one as part of the CDP, search here
http://wiki.meego.com/Community_Offi..._program/Nokia

USB-OTG (can't be certified as that, but is basically the same) is being worked on.
Search "host-mode" at meego forum....

Someone's working on getting a controller/s working for his emulator.
He has his own thread, but he discuss his attempts here IIRC
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4828

There is a mirror app for using the FF camera...
Peregrine Communicator was supposed to bring XMMP/Jingle "&" Skype by now.
Alas it seems they've delayed that functionality for 1.1.
I couldn't get any answers out of them last time I tried on IRC.

But IIRC there's been hints from Nokia it'll come in 1.2, search konttori's blog post
http://konttoristhoughts.blogspot.co....html?spref=tw
Don't ask questions there unless you're absolutely certain they haven't been asked.
Konttori is a very busy man....

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-11-24 at 04:40.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Washington,Seattle
Alright, thanks IsaacDFP and jalyst for the information.
I should be having lots of fun next week playing around with the N9 =]