Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
In regards to have bug-free devices, I think we need to be careful with we which for. Even if you look at the bugs reported from those 300 pre-production devices we handed out in Maemo Summit, we find some rather not-so-easy-to-judge bug reports such as bug 5391 "Virtual keyboard does not appear in Maps" or 5466 "Time in clock application not updated when not having focus". The first one is an UX inconsistency challenge but not exactly a end-of-the-world incident that really needs prioritization of R&D resources. The later one is actually on purpose as far as I understand to save battery i.e. refreshing content in display such as calendar data or clock drains the battery unnecessarily. We will consider and value all feedback. It helps us to deliver a better UX, but waiting for the bug free device built on open computer technology is like trying to find the holy grail.
yeah, thats right of course, something truly bug free doesn't exist in the world of computers. If we would like to have that we would wait for it forever. What I meant was "a device with the known show-stopper bugs gotten out of the way" ^^

Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
I think I can safely promise you "before 2012"! (Because I will look for another job if this thing soon doesn't leave the factory).

"Nokia marketing sucks"? Well, what should I say? Thanks for nothing, maybe?! ;-)
"thanks for nothing" that's what i think about nokia today.
this will be my first nokia device. and i will spend 600€.
i think for that i can expect a little bit of information.
the support doesn't look serious to me.

If you really want to help in any way, give us a date or say your boss that they should give out an information for all the people waiting out there

Last edited by mak; 2009-10-22 at 06:50.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by mak View Post
If you realy want to help in any way, give us a date or say your boss that they should give out an information for all the people waiting out there
The date is end of october. Stop whining.

Originally Posted by robbie View Post
The date is end of october. Stop whining.
or mid of nov, or end. maybe dec
nokia has not released any date yet

would you bet on end of october?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
"october 2009 in selected markets"

so that it is unless something is officially announced.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
"october 2009 in selected markets"

so that it is unless something is officially announced.
wasn't it "end of september" before? i'll bet on 30th of october you can read on there online shop "mid of november"
and so on and so on

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
or mid of nov, or end. maybe dec
nokia has not released any date yet

http://shop.nokia.nl/nokia-nl/produc...&culture=nl-NL

Wordt verwacht eind oktober

My Bet

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I read this thread when I got in late last night, and slept very badly.

At the moment, Amazon UK is still saying 2nd November, but I would guess that's due to them being slow to adjust dates.

I do understand that nokia want to make this 'right' - or as right as they can. And I do recognise that the release of the 300 testing units showed up problems they didn't know were there (why did they set the date so soon after summit in the first place??) and I even recognise that maybe the sudden interest from 'Joe Public' has made them a little more antsy about it being fit for release than if it had been 'just geeks' who will run update daily.

But if the date is set back till mid-November, it may change things for me. I wanted the device for some very specific reasons for the end of October/1st week of November. If it arrives mid-November, I may well not have time even to unpack it till Christmas (burning 6 weeks of warranty while it's still in the box).

So when Amazon send me that email, I may very well do a rethink. Which hacks me off royally, as there's nothing else on the market to touch it.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
Nokia UK now states:
Tentative delivery date: November 2009.
Nokia Sweden still states week 44 as expected release week.

Originally Posted by robbie View Post
http://shop.nokia.nl/nokia-nl/produc...&culture=nl-NL

Wordt verwacht eind oktober

My Bet
sure, do you believe in santa?
would be great but i don't think that's the final date

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda