Notices

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
seems they are reworking their API for every major release. Had been replaced altogether for Dharma. You started with nightlies of master and had already no compatibility for dharma. Now they are reworking API again. Hope there will be some steadiness some time.

Myself I am not able to use xbmcremote right now as I have a special build with PVR TV Support which has been provided to me and I wouldn't be able to build it myself on top of a nighty of Master.

Just to let anyone know who has not yet set up for xbmcremote: Up to which nightly is your xbmcremote working?

Hi Amboss,

Well, the reason why I don't have compatibility with Dharma is that Dharma does not support all the features needed for Xbmcremote. As we are currently using the development version, changes are expected.

The last version I have tested is from the 6th of September. According to the changelog the API rework got in with commits c4f161e177f5e079f2ba and 525833acf0b7fa3a9404. Those were pushed on the 18th of September.

Btw. I would also be interested to use the PVR stuff as I'd like to integrate my MythTV setup with Xbmc. Are you using the development version of the new PVR branch or only the MythTV/DVR plugins in the stable Dharma release?

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Actually I am using the Prebuild Version from
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~mar.../prebuild.html
I connect to my second PC running the TV Server of MediaPortal (which can be installed by itself). Since Marcel put up pretty much every thing on his site, I haven't look much into it if there is a different version out there.

I noticed Marcel has also prebuild a development version, but since it is from august and wouldn't work with xbmcremote anyway I haven't tried. I am more into stable versions if there is no extra benefit from a dev version.

Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
Actually I am using the Prebuild Version from
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~mar.../prebuild.html
I connect to my second PC running the TV Server of MediaPortal (which can be installed by itself). Since Marcel put up pretty much every thing on his site, I haven't look much into it if there is a different version out there.

I noticed Marcel has also prebuild a development version, but since it is from august and wouldn't work with xbmcremote anyway I haven't tried. I am more into stable versions if there is no extra benefit from a dev version.
Cool! This is already the new PVR Branch. Unortunately the MythTV backend is not quite there yet... Could you send me a screenshot of the "Watch recordings" screen? This is the most important factor which decides if I can replace mythfrontend with xbmc one day (Depending on the WAF). Probably through email to keep this thread a bit on topic. Thanks a lot.

Version 0.5 out now! It works with the latest versions of Xbmc and has support for picture controls and authentication besides other bugfixes.

The version for the N900 should hit your package manager soon if you have extras-devel enabled. After a short period of testing I will promote it to extras-testing. From there I hope to get more votes than last time to be able to promote it to extras and let more people enjoy it.

The version for MeeGo is currently passing QA in ovi Store and should be available as update in the next days.

Looking forward to your feedback!

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Been using version 0.5.1 from devel for two days now with no problems at all (xbmc nightly-build from September 25th).
Though I haven't testet "pictures" yet, as I got none on my xbmc-machine. I'll add some later today and get back with some feedback...

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to JimKnopf For This Useful Post:
I really love this program! using it feels intuitive and the interface looks fantastic. The only things I would ask for would be showing media information on the phone and being able to use the phones keyboard to send commands to xbmc.

Fantastic work - thank you so much for a great program

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PmX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PmX View Post
I really love this program! using it feels intuitive and the interface looks fantastic. The only things I would ask for would be showing media information on the phone and being able to use the phones keyboard to send commands to xbmc.

Fantastic work - thank you so much for a great program
What do you mean with "showing media information"? And how exactly do you immagine sending commands using the keyboard? Do you mean using the arrow keys to navigate through the menu? That's actually a very good idea...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
What do you mean with "showing media information"? And how exactly do you immagine sending commands using the keyboard? Do you mean using the arrow keys to navigate through the menu? That's actually a very good idea...
In the list of movies on the phone, you tap the move to play it, or press and hold to bring up the menu to add to playlist. It would be nice if on that menu there was an "information" option that showed information like when you press the i key on the pc (http://xbmc.org/wp-content/gallery/r...59-960x539.png).

and for keyboard input i mean either you can navigate the menus on the phone with it, or they key presses could be passed to xbmc so we can hit i to bring up info on the big screen or c for the context menu etc.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Sorry for not getting back with some feedback for a while. Been busy with my studies, so no time for regular testing.

Nonetheless, got no errors or headaches using it on a daily basis...thanks again. Makes me even lazier at home...

Do you mean using the arrow keys to navigate through the menu?
or the key presses could be passed to xbmc so we can hit it to bring up info on the big screen or c for the context menu etc.
This (combined) would be sweet.

For now you can hit keys on your keyboard to jump to the given letter.
Is this implemented to use with the N900s keyboard?

As for pictures: would be nice to see thumbnails instead of the filename. But as I don't view pictures via xbmc priority isn't (that) high.

Last edited by JimKnopf; 2011-10-03 at 20:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to JimKnopf For This Useful Post: