Active Topics

Hi can you please Textmessage Forwarding of N9?

Last edited by banong; 2012-05-18 at 01:01.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by achilles333 View Post
Processed & updated wiki with the available information. @qgil, Check the "to be processed" section. Remove entries there if you are ok.
Thank You Very Much!

We have started discussing the Summer'12 Device Program and the Missing Apps is well referenced: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84322

There is a category specific to publishing at the Nokia Store apps that exist for the N9 in some form elsewhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Still need Excel editor (much crying)

The Following User Says Thank You to Dockman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
We have started discussing the Summer'12 Device Program and the Missing Apps is well referenced: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84322

There is a category specific to publishing at the Nokia Store apps that exist for the N9 in some form elsewhere.
This is super-cool! Great to hear this!

All, whoever not yet identified the missing apps, please do so and add directly to the wiki.(or you can type here in format mentioned in the first post & I will add to the wiki).
Who knows, one of the developer might pick your item & fulfill your wishlist! Hurry up!

Can someone make this topic Sticky, I mean, really Sticky?!!

I'm not sure if there is an app name for this but,

WiFi HotSpot tethering in infrastructure mode is missing and reported in bugzilla... http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1033

In android, this is integrated feature

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
wifi-direct transfer, thats will be so cool

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Some of us prefer non-commercial messengers, so support for XMPP voice and video calls would be great. Now that GTalk voice and video calls are there it might be even quite easy to add.

As it is the XMPP text messages work nicely from N9's default message app (though account activation GUI is disabled, so I've had to help my friends and family to add their accounts via command line).

[edit] XMPP voice and video calls actually do work after installing Gtalk Video Call add-on.

Go to phone application > find an xmpp account from list of contacts and touch it > call screen appears > touch account name below the contact (where the phone number would normally be). During the call you can switch from audio to video call by pressing the video camera icon.

Lots of thanks to people who made this.

Last edited by ladoga; 2012-05-28 at 16:43.

Originally Posted by sudista View Post
i'm looking for "wpa tester" for meego...
wpa_suppliant LEAP? I need it.

Two "would-be-nice-to-have" apps:

MediaPortal controller/client like aMPdroid for android. It uses MpExtendedService as a backend which has a somewhat documented API. Even just the WifiRemote part would be awesome.

Also nice would something like HomeBuddy which controls MiCasaVerde Vera home automation gateways. Vera also has a documented API. Here is an UI example.

Last edited by slarti; 2012-05-21 at 18:53.

Quick way to change between Firefox and Web browser.

Both needed but too difficult to change now....