Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
What is going on with talk maemo today? I see little sentences like we are still on old school message boards, people asking for help with iphone, people talking about 1.3 like it is already out just need to find it and the threads conversations are just weird sounding.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
What is going on with talk maemo today? I see little sentences like we are still on old school message boards, people asking for help with iphone, people talking about 1.3 like it is already out just need to find it and the threads conversations are just weird sounding.
its called the wazapp effect... The number of people who came un due to wazzap are the cause...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I would definitely be interested in the new Swype keyboard! Maybe after the new 1.3.firmware update we'll hear some more news.

And we all need to be patient in this forum, because the last couple of messages were total spam and completely OT (off-topic), even from forum veterans, so no surprise that Newbies mess up from time to time. Everyone is forgiven, let's move on and stay helpful!

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
I would definitely be interested in the new Swype keyboard! Maybe after the new 1.3.firmware update we'll hear some more news.

And we all need to be patient in this forum, because the last couple of messages were total spam and completely OT (off-topic), even from forum veterans, so no surprise that Newbies mess up from time to time. Everyone is forgiven, let's move on and stay helpful!
I have been reading the swype forums that the next gen swype keyboard just got the self update support, so all we need from nokia is to allow that main update to next gen swype.

Atm it's still in beta stage and only for android, but normal symbian users can also download normal swype from ovi store

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2012-07-02 at 15:40.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
I personally like Swype keyboard. it make typing really fast. I wish the new Swype could come to N9 too

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I talked to the Person in charge and this is what he replied:
Hi Marius,

Our MeeGo devs would love to keep tinkering with Swype for this OS! Unfortunately, MeeGo has been cancelled and no more devices are set to release on this platform (see here for more information).

If it had a future, we would absolutely devote resources to MeeGo! The fact is, though, we must prioritize our resources and efforts towards devices and platforms that have clear growth potential, and MeeGo is no longer on this list.

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
So the whole "learning dictionary" where it remembers your frequently used words not much more than T9 with an auto save feature?

So how would it differentiate between 1337 and a genuine spelling mistake? Also with the dragon voice recognition, did he not say that this is translated by synced to the cloud dictionary before your convo appeared on the screen?

I don't wanna be the one to play this card but it needs to be said... I would not want my conversations being read by a 3rd party server before being sent to the recipient. I have plans for world domination, so do not want my secrets getting out too early.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-07-02 at 23:11.