Closed Thread
Upon rebooting again, the NO SIM icon is back but so is my carriers name. Still able to make and receive calls, still UNABLE to make or receive texts.

I booted into NitDroid to verify texts were working and they are, so my sim is okay. something with this update has broken it.

thnx for telling guys... m not going to update with it... will wait for fixes

Still unable to solve my unable-to-text issue. Attempting to uninstall CSSU.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Paris
Update via HAM , being in 3G, without any problem for calling/sms or sim card;didn't yet try the pdf thing.....pretty smooth, being able do downclock from 1GHz to 800 ( for excessive battery consomption for me ) after months of use at 1 giga.

No good guys. Had to reflash my device. Not sure what happened with the texting bug, but am gunshy of the CSSU now.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
First, thank you very, very, VERY VERY much.

Now, the bugs? |:P

I can confirm the landscape/portrait mode bug that one "inside of a" window overlaps another like here:
That's an original shot (if I slide just enough to not be clicked by the magnets, the phone do not see it is slid - and I can click ctrl+shift+P).

My way to reproduce (pretty sure it is not tied with this specific apps):
1)Go landscape:
2)Open BatteryGraph - minimize;
3)Open FileBox - minimize;
4)Go to task switcher;
5)Go portrait;
6)Go landscape;
7)Go portrait;
There.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Does it happen only with filebox? Or there are other apps behaving in the same way (excluding phone app)?

EDIT: Cannot reproduce it here, do you have any additional customisations?

EDIT2: I am able to reproduce it, but it is tricky . The bug is triggered by holding the keyboard semi-open while in portrait, quickly fully open and again semi-open the keyboard.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-05-30 at 17:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
No good guys. Had to reflash my device. Not sure what happened with the texting bug, but am gunshy of the CSSU now.
CSSU doesn't touch modem or anything in telephony, it's either your hardware or something you installed, but not the CSSU.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Not sure exactly what would have caused it. I know performing an apt-get -u install mp-blah-blah-pr and then rebooting is what kicked it off.

The strangest thing was that I was able to send and receive phone calls but unable to send or receive text messages. Verrry straaange.

Unable to update 'Maemo 5 Community SSU Package'
Conflict with application packages : libqt4-test(4.7.2~git20110302-0maemo2+cssu2)
Help please...

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade