Poll: What do you think about stylus support?
Poll Options
What do you think about stylus support?

I love the Stylus of the N900 for obvious reasons. But no new pocket phone has it nowadays. I am curious if anyone knows this is off for ever or are there still considerations to bring one phone to the market.
I don't speak about Galaxy Note. I am aware of it but it is simply too bulky.
I am also aware the current touch technology is not ready for stylus without extra power.
What do you think/know?

The Following User Says Thank You to thhart For This Useful Post:
The built-in stylus will come back with a vengeance. The Galaxy Note II is actually thinner than the original.

Now that Steve is dead, the stylus will live. Forever.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
In a word, No.

To elaborate...

The stylus is still alive and kicking, just take a look in any electronics accessories isle and you will see an array of different designs made for both resistive and capacitive screens for products such as the Nintendo DS to the Ipad.

Now you say that you don't want to talk about the Note so I won't speak of the tech involved with that, but think of it this way... Samsung are the one big company at the moment who are placing the hard push in advertising their Stylus devices. That's got to make others think that there is something to this styli malarkey?

Then there is other areas of industry that still have uses for the humble stylus... Any Graphic designer worth his salt would make good use of a Drawing Pad

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Egypt | Forum editor
there's a stylus for the multi touch screens.

Press the thanks button if i helped.

The Following User Says Thank You to davdav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Those are not styli, but mere artificial fingers (sticks) with... i refrain from calling them "tips". Maybe "half-globe-sized tops" would fit?

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think spen is great. Old Stylus has lost its main purpose since its easy to hit the correct spot. But i would also want one, but spen is to bulky? You don't think any n900 is bulky?

I want headphone and speaker in spen 3 so i can use it as phone when close to the device. Plus spen hard to loose since it feels when it's left behind. That's the main problem with styles. You loose them.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-08 at 18:52.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Even when using a larger tablet I wish I had a stylus at times.
I can live with the finger, but when things get small or I need more precision, the stylus rules!

The Following User Says Thank You to Grok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Resistive screen with a little more sensitivity and with multitouch on new mobile devices.Just a dream haha

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
What's the point in asking about stylus devices and then refusing to acknowledge the widely available and hugely popular models (the Notes) that are out there?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hootenholler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hootenholler View Post
What's the point in asking about stylus devices and then refusing to acknowledge the widely available and hugely popular models (the Notes) that are out there?
The point is to have a stylus with small devices. This is what I have written. Got it?

The Following User Says Thank You to thhart For This Useful Post:

Tags
good vs bad, stylus vs spen