Active Topics

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Saudi Arabia
Guys, need your assistance. I have new setup wifi at home and I tried to connect my N900 device on it, unfortunately it cannot make it through . I don’t know why, but my laptop is working properly . If I’ll try to connect to another open wifi connection outside home, my device internet is working properly .

I read some blogs that maybe it’s because of my setup wifi fault that’s why my device cannot connect on this network.

Maybe you can guide me on how to setup properly my wifi configuration in order to connect my device and able to use it.

I have some print screen images that maybe you can help. Please guide me accordingly because I don’t have idea on these things.

It’s really urgent badly.

NOTE: red box marked was been deleted for security purposes only.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to edcarsky For This Useful Post:
Guys, please i need help. I want to use my N900 device on my wifi connection at home.

Calling for all wifi expert, kindly help me to re setup my wifi configuration so i can able to use my device at home. Thanks.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Does your N900 see your network at all?

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
I don't see WPA2-PSK supported on my nokia -- change router settings on wlan tab to WPA-PSK and try again. Also ckeck encryption. If doesn't work with AES, change to TKIP (IMO should work with AES).

I am pretty sure it's this.

Last edited by sponka; 2010-08-01 at 11:49.

Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Does your N900 see your network at all?
Appearing all network around me has no issue, actually i can connect in my own setup connection but cannot browse (I mean no internet access) in my settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to edcarsky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
I don't see WPA2-PSK supported on my nokia -- change router settings on wlan tab to WPA-PSK and try again. Also ckeck encryption. If doesn't work with AES, change to TKIP (IMO should work with AES).

I am pretty sure it's this.
Ok thanks.

But if i am not mistaken, i just tried this already last night. all security setup and WPA encription methods, and still not working.

as i said, i can connect to setup (network) but cannot browse or use internet.

is there any option on this?

NOTE: Someone setup this current connection by the network service provider officer at home without me.

I hope someone who can come up a better solutions. I am not familiar in setting up wifi configuration in Saudi. In my home country, it's easy to setup, but here it's really not friendly.

Please help, needed badly.

Last edited by edcarsky; 2010-08-01 at 12:18.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Denmark
I'm running WPA2/AES on my wireless router and can connect fine with my N900. So WPA2 is not the problem.

If I understand you correctly, you can see and connect to your LAN (with your N900), but not access the internet?

Last edited by unsane; 2010-08-01 at 12:15. Reason: Clarification

Originally Posted by unsane View Post
I'm running WPA2/AES on my wireless router and can connect fine with my N900. So WPA2 is not the problem.

If I understand you correct, you can see and connect to your LAN, but not access the internet?
Yes! any advise , i just tried also to change WPA etc. to resolve my issue (but the above setup was the default).

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Denmark
WPA2 is supported by N900.
I'm a bit unsure; can your phone see and access your LAN?

Originally Posted by unsane View Post
WPA2 is supported by N900.
I'm a bit unsure; can your phone see and access your LAN?
Sorry for the confusion. what i mean is i can see my setup connection and can connect on my wifi OTA but cannot access or browse Internet, LAN not sure about that .