Active Topics

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Hmmm.... almost forgot that Facebook videos need a newer flash version. I was using the flash version hex string hack on the N900 for so long that I forgot about it.

Soooo..... when are we getting a hex edited version number mod for this plugin?
i'm wondering that too!

The Following User Says Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Flash player isnt ready in JW player. I think the flash N9 isnt complete...
Any can test www.canaistv.net and see if all right? Here only sound ok but video is black :S

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Sazpaimon View Post
No it doesn't: http://vimeo.com/help/flash

I'm investigating why Vimeo doesn't load up their player, though.
I was looking for the h.264 in Flash Player 11 notes - I know it got easier for me with FP11 for my clients on mobile devices.

Here's the URL of the Vimeo video above. The desktop flash source file include code on the Vimeo site is actually 9.0.0.

Code:
'12',
'100%',
'9.0.0',
'/assets/flash/expressInstall.swf',
flashvars,
params,
attributes );
But they are using MooTools Core Browser and plugin detection documentation here but what I can immediately see is that they aren't really requiring anything beyond 10.0.0, but apparently mobile h.264 (wish I could answer your questions here, I just know what I had observed with one particular client) that FP11 alleviated a lot of those encoding probs I ran into with FP10.1 on mobile.

Well... I can't wait to see what you come up with. It'll help other folks out in this too.

But I have no problems with Vimeo via FP11.1 on my Android devices.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
words
What appears to be happening is that they are detecting that the browser is a mobile browser (using Math.min(screen.width, screen.height) to see if it's <= 480), and seeing if the video has a "mobile" attribute for it, which it does not, causing the video to fail. I'm not sure why this is, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sazpaimon For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Sazpaimon View Post
What appears to be happening is that they are detecting that the browser is a mobile browser (using Math.min(screen.width, screen.height) to see if it's <= 480), and seeing if the video has a "mobile" attribute for it, which it does not, causing the video to fail. I'm not sure why this is, though.
This would explain better why the aforementioned switch in the UA string to desktop would be beneficial for the N9.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Ireland
Anyone got the full facebook site loaded on the web browser? Mine only shows the outline of the page but will not load the news feed. (Phony Plugin with IE/FF set as browser settings)

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
There is a firefox mobile extension called Phony with selectable user agents. Just go to the extension screen of firefox mobile and search for it and install it.
Done. Thanks!

We should contact these guys and ask for an addition to change reported flash version to flash 11 because a lot of sites will discriminate against you even though your flash 10.1 will work just fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Mouarf still no way to use http://www.grooveshark.com... it's better than with the HTML5 version but still a strange message so that it cannot load flash fully... Any ideas ?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Hulu should work.

Code:
<div class="invalid-message">
Hulu requires Flash Player 10.1.53.64 or higher.
Please <a href="http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/">download</a>
and install the latest version of Flash Player before continuing.
</div>
Only reason it might not work, is if they're using StageVideo now and that they've flipped on something that requires hardware acceleration. Just a thought...

Edit: It works for me. Got the loading screen, ads and video worked fine on Hulu.

Second Edit: Ok, it started to work - I clicked the SNL Mitt Romney video on the front page without signing in - and it started, I got the ads, loading and it started... then stopped. Weird indeed.
Same issue with HBOgo, crunchroll.com, etc. I disabled adblock, and the flash ads work fine, but when the actual videos go on, black screen on the flashplayer...also, it would be beneficial to come up with a TweakFlashVer for the N9 now, like the one on N900...

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
"There was a problem downloading this item. Try again"

Also when I download an install manually Im getting "Installation interrupted"..

Anyone else keep on getting this?
I have been getting these error messages all day! I have not had any success installing this. Has anyone encountered this and resolved it?

If I figure it out I'll post here but so far I haven't had any luck.

Tags
desperation, flash dance