Notices

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
How to register with whatsup-0.2-1? I tried SMS and Call. I get a call from WhatSapp, with the activation key, whether I click SMS or Call and the Whatsup just waits on "Registering..." for ever. How can I cancel the wait and enter activation key manually?

Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
How to register with whatsup-0.2-1? I tried SMS and Call. I get a call from WhatSapp, with the activation key, whether I click SMS or Call and the Whatsup just waits on "Registering..." for ever. How can I cancel the wait and enter activation key manually?
When i registered, i just hit the call button and it registered automaticly in few seconds.. I think those buttons have gone mixed up. I mean when i first registered and hit the SMS button, i received call. Just try again maybe, uninstall the app, reboot, install again and reboot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timpaxi For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I have observed that the missing contacts problem is only appearing when whatsup is starting automatically. If it's manually starting after system boot contacts are there. Can somebody confirm this?
Another thing is that when whatsup is running and I open the jolla store it first jumps into whatsup and then to the store. Other way round is also. Starting whatsup first jumps into store and then to whatsup. Somebody else got this too?

Have a nice day....

The Following User Says Thank You to carepack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by carepack View Post
Another thing is that when whatsup is running and I open the jolla store it first jumps into whatsup and then to the store. Other way round is also. Starting whatsup first jumps into store and then to whatsup. Somebody else got this too?.
Yep, same here. Goes first to Whatsup and the store..

The Following User Says Thank You to Timpaxi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by Timpaxi View Post
When i registered, i just hit the call button and it registered automaticly in few seconds.. I think those buttons have gone mixed up. I mean when i first registered and hit the SMS button, i received call. Just try again maybe, uninstall the app, reboot, install again and reboot.
Finally I successfully registered it. Used Call button and received SMS. I thought I tried before, but maybe not.

Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Athens
Today, some crazy, unknown contact sent me a message.
From then WhatsUp froze and cannot be used.
I had the same message in N9 whatsUp client but managed to delete it. Here, now in SFOS I cannot and will stay there bugging me.
Tried to Uninstall and reinstall, but all the messages are still there.
Tried to open offline and deleted and muted the group and message, but no luck!
What to delete in order the app to be functional again. Don't care if I have to delete all messages and start over from point zero.

EDIT: Deleted everything whose name was Whatsup and reinstalled. Everything OK now!

Last edited by okourkoulos; 2015-10-02 at 10:52.

Really missing whatsup H8 to use android whatsapp for encrypted messages

Where are you, my precious forest animal?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by Alley View Post
Really missing whatsup H8 to use android whatsapp for encrypted messages

Where are you, my precious forest animal?
very true, but at this moment we have no other solution

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Finland
Hmmm.. so what is the newest (old) version with support for encrypted messages. Is it still working?

There is no Whatsup version supporting encrypted messages afaik.

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup