Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Nevermind, for me (after living with it since October) webOS is mostly worthless, but good luck

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Meanwhile on Hacker News goes on a discussion about what is worth stealing from WebOS... I'm not sure many of the features originate from it - we can easily recognize some of them or better in Fremantle/Harmattan and even further back in Diablo

http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3617059

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Nevermind, for me (after living with it since October) webOS is mostly worthless, but good luck
I would say it is quite nice, especially on big tablet screens and with a few Preware hacks. The main WebOS hurdle in my option is proper support for real GUI toolkits, like Qt. Things might be moving in the right direction though.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
How worthless? Don't you wanna have Angry Birds HD which's free?!

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I doubt angry birds is JavaScript. I presume it's native just.like Rio (who plays already on our N900)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

That's not what I'm thinking about.
the App €atalog is enyo based. If I manage to run the app catalog I cen the touchpad apps which are free (such as AB HD)

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Games are not Enyo based, they use the PDL libraries (SDL based) and are native binaries.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
How worthless? Don't you wanna have Angry Birds HD which's free?!
Worthless as in:

Some games are nice, but... i just need a DAMN desktop-like browser with proper LastPass etc. integration (aka Opera or whatever), and good DLNA support with multiple container and codec formats supported!

EDIT:
the App €atalog is enyo based. If I manage to run the app catalog I cen the touchpad apps which are free (such as AB HD)
And since when is advanced Browser free? Or do you mean shitty Angry Birds? Aren't you bored of that game after it is available for some loooog time now, for multiple platforms?

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-02-23 at 10:14.

Worthless as in:

Some games are nice, but... i just need a DAMN desktop-like browser with proper LastPass etc. integration (aka Opera or whatever), and good DLNA support with multiple container and codec formats supported!

EDIT:

And since when is advanced Browser free? Or do you mean shitty Angry Birds? Aren't you bored of that game after it is available for some loooog time now, for multiple platforms?
I mean Angry Birds. It's just an example. There are still some apps, which are free and I'd like to see 'em on N900 (such as chess.com)

This would make all the apps from WebOS available for Maemo.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Games are not Enyo based, they use the PDL libraries (SDL based) and are native binaries.
This I know . I repeat: if we have the enyo app catalog, we can get the free PDL games and apps! Maybe with a bit of effort hybrid apps too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Porting the app catalog is a real b*tch

I tried porting some apps instead. And you know what? No errors thrown. But it ain't that great

I tried with the chess.com app, v1.0.1.
Link's here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=14

My steps:
1. Download webos Doctor for Pre 1
2. unpack it, symlink to /usr/palm, for example
Code:
ln -s /opt/webos/usr/palm /usr/palm
3. unpack chess.com app, so that com.chessdotcom.chess folder is in /usr/palm/applications/
4. run index.html in your favorite browser with web console (chromium or firefox tested)

And what's the problem? Nothing's the problem! In the windows nothing is shown.

What's strange, there are no errors reported. As I've seen, there are lots of htmls in app/views, but I'm not eager to put them all by hand. If it's the only choice: alright

Have you got an idea, why nothing's shown & no errors are thrown??
Attached Images

Last edited by marmistrz; 2012-03-05 at 17:43. Reason: screenshot added

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: