Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by unoace View Post
Elop is disgusting. Nokia own fault, settling for the less innovated OS and hiring a dimwit for a CEO. Nokia n9 could of been alot more then it was. Maemo/Meego could of been the future if moved right.

Oh well rip Nokia, you did well.
Elop is a genius! For the flawless execution of his plan with Microsoft! The true dimwits are Nokia BoD..

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
Originally Posted by unoace View Post
Elop is disgusting. Nokia own fault, settling for the less innovated OS and hiring a dimwit for a CEO. Nokia n9 could of been alot more then it was. Maemo/Meego could of been the future if moved right.

Oh well rip Nokia, you did well.
dont blame elop, he was just a messenger. It was a well planned stratergy exe-cuted by microsoft.

The Following User Says Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Probably the best that happened to what was left of Devices and Services. At least they have a job with MS, otherwise NOKIA would have to let them all go.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Its clear Nokia wanted to sell phone busines after other manufacturers went to Google (instead working together) and they did see margins are going down. That was plan A.

It failed because even MS could not by the company that day. Plan B was to trim down and see if there is busines with MS. Did not work so back to plan A.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wallace For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by droll View Post
hate it, we may but i have a feeling this Nokia + MS marriage will actually be successful. maybe not successful enough to be #1 but definitely successful enough to hurt Apple and Google so that they feel pain.
The only way MS can make an impact is by extorting patent fees for obsolete and dubious "technology".

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What is the market price for jolla? 20 million Euro? Why not buy it, nokia. start from scratch and give sailfish a real chance to make it.
Nokia owning Jolla would probably be the 2nd quickest way to kill them (quickest would be if MS bought them). The best way Nokia can help Jolla is to license them useful technology, eg here, pureview.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Why would you license from Nokia? You're basically licensing from Microsoft sooner than later if they have their way. And who wants to be in bed with Microsoft other than Nokia at the moment?

At this rate, Nokia had to have been bought by Microsoft. Come next year, nobody will make a Windows Phone at all. Watch. LG has already pulled out, so have others. HTC is invariably next, then Samsung once Tizen hits. The rest will go with Android, BlackBerry will fade like Palm did, and Microsoft would have been sitting there with nobody to make their phones and no handset division of their own at the moment.

Jolla has yet to produce anything. Pinning my faith on a startup is rare these days. I'll apply faith when I see more to fulfill my curiosities; I say this despite pulling for them. I like the cut of their jib.

Last edited by gerbick; 2013-09-06 at 01:23.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
Has anyone looked at This.

Newkia!

Tutorial - OpenVPN for N9

The Following User Says Thank You to khan.orak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
They got the competent mobile HW/SW engineers means those who has been brainwashed by Microsoft propaganda since 2011 and not already has left the building...
Are you sure they didn't end up with the ones who simply needed a job enough to just do what the Microsoft management wanted, not necessarily the smarted or most innovative things? After all.. Nokia didn't exactly *DO* Anything with the operating system--they just made the crappy hardware it ran on.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
And Elop is back where he belongs. Lets see how well he does in the "mothership". He will be under real pressure to deliver now. MS spent too much on the devices and services unit.
Just like the time they spent too much on the devices and services company Danger Inc? How did THAT turn out, by the way?

Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
Its clear Nokia wanted to sell phone busines after other manufacturers went to Google (instead working together) and they did see margins are going down. That was plan A.

It failed because even MS could not by the company that day. Plan B was to trim down and see if there is busines with MS. Did not work so back to plan A.
Your plan B was actually Elop's plan A, remember? I seem to recall Elop stating that there WAS no plan B, so so much for your other theory. :P

Originally Posted by khan.orak View Post
Has anyone looked at This.

Newkia!
Oh yay. I'll put MY faith in a parody company.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Oh yay. I'll put MY faith in a parody company.
On second thought, one could argue that that's what Nokia has been all along. Buh!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
The gory details:

http://allthingsd.com/20130904/from-...okia-purchase/

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:

Tags
espionage, trojan man