Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Hello there. I have a small "problem" on my 64gb N9 and i wonder if anyone can give me a help. When i receive an SMS, and even though i read it, it will constantly repeat the SMS incoming message. Even if i delete the message it will say i have a new message. Anyone with the same problem? Many thanks

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
An operator problem? Sounds most likely.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
An operator problem? Sounds most likely.
No operator problem. Tried 3 different operators and respective sim cards

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
Happens to me as well, but on a rare occasion.

To me it happens many times and with different operators. I also get the contacts all mixed up and sometimes it deletes names from the contacts

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
To me it happens many times and with different operators. I also get the contacts all mixed up and sometimes it deletes names from the contacts
Database corruption, or at least sounds a lot like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Database corruption, or at least sounds a lot like that.
What do you mean by data corruption?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
What do you mean by data corruption?
Well, your SMS'es and contacts (and pretty much everything else too, including email addresses, calendar events, geolocating POI, music metadata, picture metadata, whatever!) are stored in a central database called "tracker database"

Now if you have bad-behaving software, like some buggy messaging applications (facebook/twitter/whatsapp/whatever) it well might happen that your database gets twisted, some ID's not pointing to where they are supposed to....

It will create a lot of problems that can manifest in very off behaviour, like loss of messages and contacts, or duplication of those.

Well known problem with N9, however as it is not updated any longer there really is no hope getting fixes for the problems.

How to avoid; Take frequent backups, and when something goes crazy, restore previous backup.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, your SMS'es and contacts (and pretty much everything else too, including email addresses, calendar events, geolocating POI, music metadata, picture metadata, whatever!) are stored in a central database called "tracker database"

Now if you have bad-behaving software, like some buggy messaging applications (facebook/twitter/whatsapp/whatever) it well might happen that your database gets twisted, some ID's not pointing to where they are supposed to....

It will create a lot of problems that can manifest in very off behaviour, like loss of messages and contacts, or duplication of those.

Well known problem with N9, however as it is not updated any longer there really is no hope getting fixes for the problems.

How to avoid; Take frequent backups, and when something goes crazy, restore previous backup.
Many thanks for your quick response and i'll try to backup and restore my phone. The only problem is that i might loose some apps that are installed

Hello guys once again
I'm here to aks what is the best way to backup my N9 and restore most of the programs that are allready installed
Thanks