Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
This app helps me to track down my battery 'drain' problem. I was getting at most 2.5 day of battery life. I tracked hourly and found out that the battery was depleting at about 1.6% per hour. I tried to remove home and statusbar applets but to no avail. Finally I removed my external MMC1 SD card (a 2GB Kingston Elite Pro SD), and it immediately dropped to around 0.5% per hour -- which would work out to be around 8 day standby ! Not sure why the presence of MMC1 card causes the extra 1% drain. But I would remove the card for the time being.

Have you tried disabling metalayer-crawler? It sounds like that has something to do with battery drain when removable memory is slotted.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Hi CyberHippie, Yes, I've disabled the crawler long time ago. The extra 1% battery drain is consistent, not spike during certain time (if the crawler works). BTW, I'm using a N800, booted from internal SD.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
there are some cards that have issues with sleeping/low-voltage...

problem is how to figure it out.

its kinda like trying to find wifi routers that support power save mode...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
im guessing this is something that just didnt make it into the current version, but still...

it seems that the settings are not saved between reboots.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
As I wrote before 2 weeks starting on Monday there will be no updates, but you are welcome to leave your comments and suggestions. But now:

Update 0.2.27:
- Speed up in "Free RAM", "Power Management".
- Right device mode defining.
- Fixed scrolling when moving item up/down with button.
- Free disk space information.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I have one suggestion for a future release (which I know may be a while since the developer is going to be busy with other things for a bit)

In the Power Management options, is it possible to get a confirmation warning. I'm always worried when I switch to Offline Mode, that I'm going to accidentally hit reboot. Offiline mode can probably be left as it is, but for reboot and shut down a Confirm/Cancel prompt would be nice.

I haven't actually ever hit it, but I know if I ever let someone play around with my tablet, someone is going to click on one of those.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
I have one suggestion for a future release (which I know may be a while since the developer is going to be busy with other things for a bit)

In the Power Management options, is it possible to get a confirmation warning. I'm always worried when I switch to Offline Mode, that I'm going to accidentally hit reboot. Offiline mode can probably be left as it is, but for reboot and shut down a Confirm/Cancel prompt would be nice.

I haven't actually ever hit it, but I know if I ever let someone play around with my tablet, someone is going to click on one of those.
It exists in testing tree and gonna be included in 0.2.28

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tso View Post
im guessing this is something that just didnt make it into the current version, but still...

it seems that the settings are not saved between reboots.
Already fixed... Strange it's in this release... For now just do
Code:
sudo chmod -R 666 /var/lib/gconf/apps/advanced-power

Anouncement:
I needed volunteers for translation purposes... I can easily give the .pot file and add your name to the translators list. Building to .mo is not necessary, I can handle it myself. If you got interested PM me...

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Is there an easy way to load a .pot so it is easier to take the parts and translate them? So that you have original on the left side, and the translation on the right side (or other way around)? Much like MC works, or some diff utilities.

Tags
applet, battery, python, statusbar