Active Topics

Notices

Honestly, I'd be more interested in getting a perfect synchro option to play some mega cd games that don't work without it. 32x support would be nice, but it lacks a good collection of games.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
Not stable though surely.
perfectly stable on mine, whenever i play psx or n64 games on it i clock it on 1150 and it works without any problems...ever...
even if its not stable on some n900, all n900 can clock over 850mhz that you mention

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Considering that there has been quite a number of releases of Picodrive after 1.35 used for Maemo, it would worth to take a look at latest Notaz version and upgrade the emulator.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Considering that there has been quite a number of releases of Picodrive after 1.35 used for Maemo, it would worth to take a look at latest Notaz version and upgrade the emulator.
but not from that site, latest one there is 1.56, and what everyone wants is notaz's actual latest version and that is 1.80 wich has 32x emulation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
perfectly stable on mine, whenever i play psx or n64 games on it i clock it on 1150 and it works without any problems...ever...
even if its not stable on some n900, all n900 can clock over 850mhz that you mention
Fair enough.

i wouldn't like to overclock mine at 1150 mhz, i would like to be still using mine in a couple of years time.

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

The Following User Says Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post:
Fair enough.

i wouldn't like to overclock mine at 1150 mhz, i would like to be still using mine in a couple of years time.
scary stories about overclocking are just that, scary stories or result of an idiotism, for instance dual celeron 333 configuration can be overclocked to about 550MHz for ten years and stil go to retirement in perfectly working condition and so on, never had any cpu die(nor had anyone I know) and all were OC-ed for years, of course if you are unlucky it could die even on stock

that being told, my n900 is oc to 1150 only when needed, mostly i keep it 250-900

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
@GrimyHR

That might be true, at least partially, but do keep in mind that a pentium in a PC is cooled al lot better than the SOC in the N900...

But i have to admit my N900 rus at a max of 805MHz most of the time

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
@GrimyHR

That might be true, at least partially, but do keep in mind that a pentium in a PC is cooled al lot better than the SOC in the N900...

But i have to admit my N900 rus at a max of 805MHz most of the time
desktop cpu is heating a lot more also so it evens up

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
don't forget virtua racing was on the megadrive aswell maybe not as fast or smooth as 32x but stil

You must remember that the MegaDrive version of Virtual Racing contained a special processing chip called the SVP on the cartridge, much like the "SuperFX Chip" found on SNES Starfox games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Virtua_Processor

The SVP chip allowed advanced Polygon rendering in games where the host system (Genesis, Megadrive) had no such capability. That's why Virtual Racing was about $40 to $50 more expensive when it first came out compared to a normal game at the time.

The later 32X port of Virtual Racing did not need any special on cartridge chip since the 32X itself could do polygon rendering.

The two big advancements that the 32X brought were an advanced color pallet and the ability to render polygons natively.

If you want to play Virtual Racing on a MegaDrive emulator, you need more then the ROM, you would need the emulator to contain the ability to emulate the SVP chip from the original game.

Otherwise, you would really need 32X support in your emulator to play that version of Virtual Racing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
GPsp has a -scin switch feature.

Is there any way to take that coding and add it to this one?

I would love to have touch screen controls for this.