Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
From a tweet @jollacommunityitalia (sent probably after one of the meetups with CTO Mosconi) it seems that next update will bring folders support to Sailfish.

Update: I quickly translate also what reported in this page, about Rome meetup: http://jollacommunity.altervista.org...-levento-roma/

- by the end of the year there will be the first OH related to hardware
- the keyboard OH is currently in internal testing
- SailfishOS will use in future Qt 5.2
- in May there will be news about shipping to Italian market
- update 6 should arrive around May 9th / May 16th (with folder support in launcher)
- update 7 should arrive around June 7th / June 14th
- update 8 around August
- in near future the web browser will be restyled and will open simultaneously more tabs
- F-Secure cloud service Younited will be launched after summer
- after summer the reset procedure will allow to keep last installed update
- no plans so far for US/Canadian market
- heavy customs duties will make it difficult to enter South American market [= Brazil]
- Australia could be an interesting market for the future
- China is very interesting market for Jolla
- Sailfish launcher [for Android] will be relased probably at the end of June
- Jolla and Sailfish are NSA-free
- enhance the readability of texts in the UI (configurable font size)

Last edited by minimos; 2014-05-02 at 05:34. Reason: Added info from Milan meetup

The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Rome, Italy
Hi there! First of all, thank you for mentioning us I would add something related to the keyboard TOH.

Unluckily the two points are apparently unlinked (as they became from two different questions) - Stefano gave us no evidence that the keyboard will be released by the end of this year, he only said it's in internal testing and its release in the future will rely on market share growth and interest - I do like to think that will be released soon, though.

Cheers!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fravaccaro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by fravaccaro View Post
Hi there! First of all, thank you for mentioning us I would add something related to the keyboard TOH.

Unluckily the two points are apparently unlinked (as they became from two different questions) - Stefano gave us no evidence that the keyboard will be released by the end of this year, he only said it's in internal testing and its release in the future will rely on market share growth and interest - I do like to think that will be released soon, though.

Cheers!
I'm deeply sorry I couldn't attend the one in Milan, but I'm in Liguria right now (which I love, so all in all I can't complain).
Great news anyway!

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
somehow, the name "Paarlampi" reminds me of "Paralympics"....
(joke aside, because that is how it is at the moment with some of the aspects of the OS)

Last edited by HtheB; 2014-04-30 at 13:28.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Rome, Italy
Update: Update 6 should introduce folders and maybe some basic accessibility funcionality (font size).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fravaccaro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Ok.. This was very good update! Jolla is very stable (after i incert a piece of tape to bottom of the battery). Wlan and mobile network together not working so well (if you leave your wlan area and phone is sleeping). So i only use mobile connection.

Then very odd and big coins... Why Jolla browser is lagiest fps than ever? :O If you scrolling and keep you finger on the screen it's lag badly and if you do quick swipe scroll it is smooth. Home screen!? Why it is still lags? and it's do vice versa. If you not hold your finger on the screen the home screen lags.. (maybe dropping MHz when you "do not" use it?)

Android is in other hand very smooth now! It's kind of bad, because android apps run smoother than Sailfish apps :/.

And next update, please.. make pay system in the store, then we can get more bigger app developers. I mean right? OR (this sound bad, i know) funded by advertising like android.. and others..

Thank you! From: Happy Jolla user from day one

The Following User Says Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
And next update, please.. make pay system in the store, then we can get more bigger app developers. I mean right? OR (this sound bad, i know) funded by advertising like android.. and others..
No, I don't think that is good or desirable. Paid apps, maybe, but advertising, NO!

If you like that kind of crap on your phone, you can always use the Android apps, as you stated earlier, they supposedly ryn smooth now...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
No, I don't think that is good or desirable. Paid apps, maybe, but advertising, NO!
Agree. Apart ads being really annoying to watch, a device fetching advertising means also:
- poorer battery life
- open a sneaky attack surface for malware

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post

If you like that kind of crap on your phone, you can always use the Android apps, as you stated earlier, they supposedly ryn smooth now...
A big +1 from me. It is enough how advertising makes many Android applications almost unusable and we definitely don't want something like that on Sailfish OS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Hah . Ok i hear you guys and +1 from me too, but we need more support.. Not only from Jolla. They do a very good job, but from bigger developers/companys.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post: