Notices

Hi Guys, i just downloaded it and looks excellent, i tried to create a Web Application and seems like is working ok, but when i tried to create a Console Application i receive an exception message that says: File name has not been set. Does anyone has the same exception? How can i solve it? Thanks!!!!

Please, launch it from console and provide the full log. It's compiled with debugging symbols so I will be able to determine where is the source of this exception.

Last edited by keks-n; 2011-05-03 at 05:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to keks-n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Chongqing
I created a cpp console project.My hellogtk+ app built success but when i ran it i got error msg like: cannot execute "myproject",file name has not been set. detail>> is
System.InvalidOperationException: File name has not been set
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MonoDevelop.Core.Execution.ProcessWrapper.Start () [0x00006] in /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-i386-extras-devel/work/monodevelop-2.5.90/src/core/MonoDevelop.Core/MonoDevelop.Core.Execution/ProcessWrapper.cs:26
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) MonoDevelop.Core.Execution.ProcessWrapper:Start ()
at MonoDevelop.Platform.GnomePlatform.StartConsolePro cess (System.String command, System.String arguments, System.String workingDirectory, IDictionary`2 environmentVariables, System.String title, Boolean pauseWhenFinished) [0x00090] in /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-i386-extras-devel/work/monodevelop-2.5.90/src/addins/GnomePlatform/GnomePlatform.cs:219
at MonoDevelop.Core.Execution.ProcessService.StartCon soleProcess (System.String command, System.String arguments, System.String workingDirectory, IDictionary`2 environmentVariables, IConsole console, System.EventHandler exited) [0x000e5] in /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-i386-extras-devel/work/monodevelop-2.5.90/src/core/MonoDevelop.Core/MonoDevelop.Core.Execution/ProcessService.cs:211
at MonoDevelop.Core.Execution.NativePlatformExecution Handler.Execute (MonoDevelop.Core.Execution.ExecutionCommand command, IConsole console) [0x000a0] in /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-i386-extras-devel/work/monodevelop-2.5.90/src/core/MonoDevelop.Core/MonoDevelop.Core.Execution/NativePlatformExecutionHandler.cs:64
at MonoDevelop.Core.Execution.DefaultExecutionHandler .Execute (MonoDevelop.Core.Execution.ExecutionCommand command, IConsole console) [0x0000c] in /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-i386-extras-devel/work/monodevelop-2.5.90/src/core/MonoDevelop.Core/MonoDevelop.Core.Execution/DefaultExecutionHandler.cs:43
at CBinding.CProject.DoExecute (IProgressMonitor monitor, MonoDevelop.Projects.ExecutionContext context, MonoDevelop.Projects.ConfigurationSelector configuration) [0x000b3] in /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-i386-extras-devel/work/monodevelop-2.5.90/src/addins/CBinding/Project/CProject.cs:358

Last edited by Deserve; 2011-05-03 at 17:56.

Hm... Try to install xterm.

i compiled a simple console application that does console.write and found a few issues:

1. i have to disable "Run on external console" to make the project compile without a message "File name has not been set".

2. when i execute it from the IDE it works fine, but when i do this from x-term i get this (Lsxtest.exe is the compiled file):

Nokia-N900:/home/user/Projects/Lsxtest/Lsxtest/bin/Debug# ./Lsxtest.exe
./Lsxtest.exe: line 1: MZ?♥♦??,@?▼º': ┼~├ °~┤┼d
↓/L_│├e_├↓e│e: ┌?┼e 7: _≤┼├▒│ e──~─: ")" ┤┼e│─ec├ed
N~┐?▒↑N900:/▒~└e/┤_e─/P─~┘ec├_/L_│├e_├/L_│├e_├/b?┼/Deb┤±# ↓/L_│├e_├↓e│e
↓/L_│├e_├↓e│e: ┌?┼e 1: MZ?♥♦??,@?▼º': ┼~├ °~┤┼d
↓/L_│├e_├↓e│e: ┌?┼e 6: _≤┼├▒│ e──~─: EOF ?┼ b▒c┐─┤~├e _┤b_├?├┤├?~┼
N~┐?▒↑N900:/▒~└e/┤_e─/P─~┘ec├_/L_│├e_├/L_│├e_├/b?┼/Deb┤±#

3. there are screen rendering issues many times - the picture of the IDE does not show correctly the location of the objects - the project/solution in the left panel for example and many other places. you have to click all around until the correct object you want to click on is highlighted.

This IDE is extremely impressive. i am a .net developer under windows using visual studio and this one does not fall much from it from what i've experienced so far.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by keks-n View Post
Sorry, I forgot to add this package to dependencies. Installing libgtk-dnd should fix the problem.
I also saw a package called libgtk-monodevelop in the repos. I installed both libgtk-dnd and libgtk-monodevelop and now all is well.

This is truly excellent. Thank you.

Any chance of getting webkit-sharp in the repos soon?

Nokia-N900:/home/user/Projects/Lsxtest/Lsxtest/bin/Debug# ./Lsxtest.exe
Use "mono Lsxtest.exe". I haven't packaged binfmt support yet.

1. i have to disable "Run on external console" to make the project compile without a message "File name has not been set".
Install xterm. I'll add it to dependencies.

3. there are screen rendering issues many times - the picture of the IDE does not show correctly the location of the objects - the project/solution in the left panel for example and many other places. you have to click all around until the correct object you want to click on is highlighted.
Do you use it in fullscreen mode? I have the same problems in fullscreen and have no idea about how it can be fixed.

Update: new version supports Nokia's terminal. It's quite strange, so I have to generate startup script on the fly.

Last edited by keks-n; 2011-05-04 at 18:05.

I also tried to get subversion working but it looks like that something is broken in libsvn_client because svn itself also fails with SIGSEGV.

Originally Posted by keks-n View Post
Do you use it in fullscreen mode? I have the same problems in fullscreen and have no idea about how it can be fixed.
yes - full screen is much more comfortable to work with.

Thanks for the help