Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Freiburg, Germany
Originally Posted by bioman View Post
Great app!!!

I can't call a theater (fyi: I am based in Toronto - Canada): I get the error message "Unable to call theater by phone: call failed".

One very minor issue: how to delete misspelled locations in the location list. E.g. I have now "Toro" and "Toronto" in the list. How to delete "Toro"?
OK, this phone call feature really seems to have some problems still. Did you try some Cinemas from Toronto, Canada which fails?

Sorry, you cannot delete cities from the list. You always see the last 5 cities you searched for. So one day "Toro" may vanish from the list because you searched for other countries. This is not a perfect way to select favourites but it is very easy for the user. I tried to avoid having a complex settings dialog here...

Regards, Jochen

The Following User Says Thank You to gilead For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Great application so far!
I have already added one feature request to the Garage: https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...1781&atid=6213
Is it possible to add this?
Of course I can add the end-time of the cinema (duration is already displayed).

IMDb is more difficult. Google's movie database does not have that many information about the movies. Sometimes there is a link to a trailer on youtube; I will provide some use of that in the future.

Maybe I will add more search possibilities (currently it searchs in google.com only) like IMDb. I have to see how stable that works.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gilead For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by gilead View Post
OK, this phone call feature really seems to have some problems still. Did you try some Cinemas from Toronto, Canada which fails?
Thanks for the very fast reply!!

yeah, I tried to call several cinemas in & around the so-called Greater Toronto Area, but none works.

Originally Posted by bioman View Post
Thanks for the very fast reply!!

yeah, I tried to call several cinemas in & around the so-called Greater Toronto Area, but none works.
As I assumed there is a bug in trimming phone numbers: hyphens were not removed from the phone number. I fixed this and the next release should work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gilead For This Useful Post:
New package works. Is it possible for you to automagically add +1 to the string before dialing? It'll complete a long distance call without a prompt - if it's long distance, and if it's not, it's a local call and no charges are applicable on most carriers.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Very cool and useful app.
Keep up the good work !

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
New package works. Is it possible for you to automagically add +1 to the string before dialing? It'll complete a long distance call without a prompt - if it's long distance, and if it's not, it's a local call and no charges are applicable on most carriers.

Thanks.
I will track it as an software improvement - this is one of the requests that definitely need some configurability (as this +1 is not correct or the same for all countries) and I have not yet decided how to handle this. I would like to keep this app very simple.

The Following User Says Thank You to gilead For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gilead View Post
I will track it as an software improvement - this is one of the requests that definitely need some configurability (as this +1 is not correct or the same for all countries) and I have not yet decided how to handle this. I would like to keep this app very simple.
Ah yes, this is true. It's only North America that uses that prefix. Thanks for considering. Possibly dependent on the location being used/searched, it can be prefixed accordingly.

Hi the bugtracker link for your package is wrong. I had to vote it down although the app is really nice.