Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
Using S60 ive become very accostomed to HandyBlacklist. Not just as a call rejector via list and private but it gives me the option to auto reject calls not stored in my phonebook (unknown numbers)
Im wondering if anyone has heard of news of a similar application for the N900? Or anyone interested in developing that specific app?
Thanks in advance for any updates on this

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertHall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
also interested in knowing that.

The biggest function i use is the silencing of calls.... i get hundreds a day at work, and sometimes i just need to let them ring off (Politer then hanging up...) - most phones have that option though....

It would be useful for blocking those annoying hispanic autodialers..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Southend On Sea , Uk
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
also interested in knowing that.

The biggest function i use is the silencing of calls.... i get hundreds a day at work, and sometimes i just need to let them ring off (Politer then hanging up...) - most phones have that option though....
Turning the n900 facedown silences calls . Having auto reject would be good though .

The Following User Says Thank You to allmine1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by allmine1976 View Post
Turning the n900 facedown silences calls . Having auto reject would be good though .
Sounds very good, slightly concerned that it could go onto silent in my pocket if it happens to be facing down in it though? - or is it only after the phone has started ringing? (Hopefully i'll find out for myself soon!)

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Sounds very good, slightly concerned that it could go onto silent in my pocket if it happens to be facing down in it though? - or is it only after the phone has started ringing? (Hopefully i'll find out for myself soon!)
I believe it's only after it's started ringing. For example, if the phone is already face down and receives a call, it will ring. You can stop it by turning it face up, then face down again, or possibly just by lifting it from the table and putting it down again.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I believe it's only after it's started ringing. For example, if the phone is already face down and receives a call, it will ring. You can stop it by turning it face up, then face down again, or possibly just by lifting it from the table and putting it down again.
Ahhh thanks for that Pelago! Useful to know, and quite clever
Looking forward to getting it as much as i was 10 minutes ago, but slightly more aware of what i'm getting hehe

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
How do I contact a developer on this?

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Originally Posted by allmine1976 View Post
Turning the n900 facedown silences calls.
That is brilliant!

Do other phones have this?
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
The N97 does (perhaps other Nokias do).

And yes, when the N97 is already face down, it will ring when a call comes in - so it is likely the N900 will also (I'll know as soon as my N900 arrives )

Last edited by kjmackey; 2009-11-13 at 17:12. Reason: edited to finish the thought...