Notices

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
An update released to devel.
Main features:
- support for WLAN driver switching (needs backports modules or any corresponding to your kernal )
- removed connected button
- cell part now show operator name (like in status bar) in messages and in status menu
- added "connecting" and "disconnecting" to wlan and "connecting" to GSM
- some minor fixes
- POT file for translations is now available in garage's svn

i'm a taking a look at the custom user scripts to be run at some event. suggestions and ideas are welcomed. @Estel, that one about setting JP i took into account

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
hey,
since this update, sometimes i can't connect to wifi after once i disconnected

disabling the module and re-enable doesn't help, just rebooting, but then this again..

any suggestions?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
- cell part now show operator name (like in status bar) in messages and in status menu
Keep in mind, that because buttons are so small in status menu, operator name doesn't fit and you end up being unable to see the connected/unconnected bit of info at a glance.

So I think it's great that it shows operator name in the notification messages, but I think it should stick to just showing "<>" in the status menu button when connected.

Originally Posted by 412b
i'm a taking a look at the custom user scripts to be run at some event. suggestions and ideas are welcomed. @Estel, that one about setting JP i took into account
While we're on the subject, the JP setting is currently not supported in the injection capable driver (I have no desire to call it bleeding edge at this point, it's ~ a year old by now). I believe the regulatory region for that driver is hardcoded.

So that leads me to point out that if you have support for custom scripts, I hope you remember to make them flexible enough to be able to decide if they fire on events for either wifi driver, or for both.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dy1ng View Post
hey,
since this update, sometimes i can't connect to wifi after once i disconnected

disabling the module and re-enable doesn't help, just rebooting, but then this again..

any suggestions?
what exact build are you using?
by "can't connect" do you mean that network is visible, but connection fails? (for consistance also check, is wlancond is started)
i had that behaviour in recent builds, but in last can't reproduce, meanwhile i'll upload an update this week/begining of next week, on which i can't reproduce that behaviour.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Keep in mind, that because buttons are so small in status menu, operator name doesn't fit and you end up being unable to see the connected/unconnected bit of info at a glance.

So I think it's great that it shows operator name in the notification messages, but I think it should stick to just showing "<>" in the status menu button when connected.
Good point, I'll think about improvements during weekend

While we're on the subject, the JP setting is currently not supported in the injection capable driver (I have no desire to call it bleeding edge at this point, it's ~ a year old by now). I believe the regulatory region for that driver is hardcoded.

So that leads me to point out that if you have support for custom scripts, I hope you remember to make them flexible enough to be able to decide if they fire on events for either wifi driver, or for both.
At the moment scripts are flexible enough
5 main events:
1. if down (/usr/bin/advifsw/post-down)
2. loaded default driver (/usr/bin/advifsw/post-load0)
3. loaded injection driver (/usr/bin/advifsw/post-load1)
4. unloaded driver (/usr/bin/advifsw/post-unload)
5. if up (/usr/bin/advifsw/post-up)

In those dirs you can put your scripts (don't forget to +x them).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
what exact build are you using?
by "can't connect" do you mean that network is visible, but connection fails? (for consistance also check, is wlancond is started)
i had that behaviour in recent builds, but in last can't reproduce, meanwhile i'll upload an update this week/begining of next week, on which i can't reproduce that behaviour.

my version: 0.3.11-9

all networks are visible, but i can't connect to any of them untl i do not restart the system

however, since i reinstall the package, this behaviour is gone.. i hope it's don't come back

and i'll check this wlancond thing

sorry for my noobish english, and thanks for the fast reply

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Did you play with "bleeding edge" driver and lost signal while connected to an AP?
This would explain that behaviour (would have needed unload of bleeding and reloading stock/bleeding again).

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
For my use case and networks, it matches easily to distinguish.
Having a dual sim adapter and switching automatically via icon/app click between networks Vodafone (shown as Vod) and o2 - de (o2 ).
But for other maybe not so easy and not really needed, so I do not have a favourite here, keep it or change back.

Really? Sad.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Not so much, as "bleeding-edge-year-ago" drivers are open for all channels, by default
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
For my use case and networks, it matches easily to distinguish.
Having a dual sim adapter and switching automatically via icon/app click between networks Vodafone (shown as Vod) and o2 - de (o2 ).
But for other maybe not so easy and not really needed, so I do not have a favourite here, keep it or change back.
I didn't know you could do that on the N900 - switch between two sim cards in a dual sim card adapter easily. That's awesome. Mind pointing me to a thread/post where this is covered?

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Not so much, as "bleeding-edge-year-ago" drivers are open for all channels, by default
Are you sure? I don't believe you can actually access channels 12 and 13 with it? (Admittedly I don't remember if I ever tried, say, using aireplay-ng those channels, or airmon-ng to sniff on those channels....)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: