Active Topics

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Mentioned it in another thread, but the wife is pretty pissed off about losing the contacts during pr1.2 OTA upgrade.
Has anybody a solution? It looks like only the main contacts are lost but not from other services e.g. facebook.
Did you perform a backup before the updates? Try to sync the contacts with gmail.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by sunsmile View Post
Did you perform a backup before the updates?.
Did the backup. Haven't done a reset yet.

Originally Posted by bltcool View Post
found a gallery bug: for some reason,pictures show up in gallery but as a blank black space instead of the pix unless they are picture i took from the camera
I got same problem in PR 1.1 when I direct deleted the picture file in File Box App. Resolve it by open camera, video and gallery together and take some photos and videos from camera. The system will update their directory again and clean blank space.

Best regards

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
Those worrying about the lags should not worry it definitely goes away as most are saying. First try rebooting a couple of times if you think yours is taking too long , thats how I fixed mine. To make sure everything is cached just try and uninstall an app from the app launcher and if its says "unable to complete operation caching items" then just wait some more or restart until you no longer receive that message. I have rebooted three times and my phone is even snappier than Pr 1.1 IMO anyways. Good Luck

After the PR1.2 update fenix (Mail) does not launch AT ALL.
Backup says it cannot backup mail databases. I suspect the update corrupted them.
Also cannot access none of the email accounts, not the Mail application settings. This means I can't even delete the accounts.

Even tried with fresh flash, since images just hit NaviFirm.

Also noticing sluggishness.

UPDATE: Filed bug https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1022
Just performed update.

Have the exact same issue. This is really pissing me off. Not being able to access emails is a HUGE issue. Come on Nokia....

EDIT: Also, can't access "Installations" in Applications Setting menu. So I can't even delete it. Can't seem to find it in Nokia store either. Seems like I can't even access half of the settings in the "Applications" Settings menu.

Does anyone have a solution or work around?

Last edited by thenutflush; 2012-03-01 at 07:19.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
make it worse nokia and you know who made it, elop doesnt want N9 rule, sigh

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
updated my firmware to PR1.2 using flasher. After update my phone become sluggish. Also I can't set week start on calendar application.(Settings-Applications-Calendar) When i choose week start on monday its automatically setting up on sunday.

also i got same problem with my gallery blank black space.

Nokia N9 Black 16GB

Drive and Maps applications stopped working , they just get stuck at loading screen , after 5 minutes of loading not even gps icon was shown on stauts area . Did a reboot but nothing fixed .

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
Guys after update wait for hour or two and then use the device. It was already reported that you must wait to become normal again. I had same issues, but all gone after a couple of hours (now it's maybe even little faster now).

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by thenutflush View Post
Just performed update.

Have the exact same issue. This is really pissing me off. Not being able to access emails is a HUGE issue. Come on Nokia....

EDIT: Also, can't access "Installations" in Applications Setting menu. So I can't even delete it. Can't seem to find it in Nokia store either. Seems like I can't even access half of the settings in the "Applications" Settings menu.

Does anyone have a solution or work around?
you definitely need to do a complete flash...rootfs+EMMC, both .bins...otherwise the problems will continue..
I had the same situation up until yesterday, the Mail app absolutely didn't work, though I had the accounts properly set and visible in Accounts app...my gallery was all empty, though I could see all my pictures in Pictures folder in Filebox...reboots didn't help, resetting or clearing the phone neither...I reinstalled FW via NSU, no change whatsoever...
I must add that this hassle had started when I was playing with speed up transitions in QuickTweak app..that was crucial mistake as I then chatted with Schturman, who made the app...until it's ready for PR1.2, stay totally out of it...
also, backing up the phone is kinda problematic as neither in-phone backup, nor Nokia Link's one did good for me...anytime I restored, even after hard flash, the phone was messy again...
so I suggest to fill up the phone with apps, accounts and other stuff without any restore, as a clear device...it'll definitely help...
to be honest, I'm too rather disappointed with Nokia's approach at this update as it clearly has a lot of bugs and some tricky issues appear at almost every owner...it's really exhausting just spending time with flashing and reinstalling...
nevertheless, after all this my phone works pretty good and I'm kinda satisfied with the speed and stuff...only some apps act strange, Shortcuts don't work at all, Gtalk video call totally lagged it so I uninstalled it...

Last edited by jleholeho; 2012-03-01 at 21:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to jleholeho For This Useful Post: