Active Topics

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Do they own a free pass for scamming?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Wow, lucky for us they are not selling a phone then, phew
In fact they are not selling a phone. They are selling a participation to a developer program, which happens to include a phone you get to keep.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Wow, lucky for us they are not selling a phone then, phew
Come on, even you cannot fall for that cr@p..

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the gesture. I know it was made with good intentions. It's just that, like so many things before, it had not been thought through. I wish Jolla well and I want them to succeed. But boy, oh boy, the strange decisions they make! It makes me question whether they want that.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Seems like the first Jolla C devices will be handed out at the Community Event on June 17th. At least the reminder mail I just recieved says so:

The launch will be highlighted by the new Jolla C device that is bundled with the program - all Sailfish Community Device Program members will leave the event with the new device in their hands.
Unfortunately I can't make it to the event since its on a workday, so I'll have to wait for the delivery.

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Finland
I am volunteer to take your place at Community Event. Because of workday I happen to be in Helsinki anyway that day and I rather spend it receiving my phone than working...

The Following User Says Thank You to Japsi For This Useful Post:
Why this topic is moved here? It has totally killed the discussion.

Jolla C is a device for the member of the community program. Therefore, Jolla C topic should be under Devices and if somebody wants to discuss about community program it could be done here.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peccelius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Peccelius View Post
Why this topic is moved here? It has totally killed the discussion.

Jolla C is a device for the member of the community program. Therefore, Jolla C topic should be under Devices and if somebody wants to discuss about community program it could be done here.
Agreed. The moderation seems little bit off, as The Future of Jolla's Tablet should have been moved to off-topic ages ago, but this thread, which is named after a device, is about a device and has been quite on-topic gets moved elsewhere. Or was it here all along?

Any reasoning behind this schism from the admins?

PS: Admins, don't take this as an attack, it is not meant that way, it's just an attempt to provide some constructive criticism

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Don't know who moved it but moved it back to its right place.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Agreed. The moderation seems little bit off, as The Future of Jolla's Tablet should have been moved to off-topic ages ago, but this thread, which is named after a device, is about a device and has been quite on-topic gets moved elsewhere. Or was it here all along?

Any reasoning behind this schism from the admins?

PS: Admins, don't take this as an attack, it is not meant that way, it's just an attempt to provide some constructive criticism
I already said if I get 1 or more well-reasoned reports I'll move it, I have no idea if it's OT now or not, you guys have to explain to me why, I don't follow every thread religiously. As for this thread being moved, never touched it, last time I followed it was still in this sub-forum, not sure who moved it & where it was moved, but I see thedead has moved it back. I most likely won't be reading follow-up posts in this thread, so if you want to continue a dialogue, report a post or PM me. Cheers.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
The Future of Jolla's Tablet should have been moved to off-topic ages ago...
...or maybe shot, encased in concrete, and pushed off a boat in the centre of the Atlantic.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os