Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
This version is for the Streak 7 -- the 7" version.

I'd love to see 3.1 on the Streak 5, but I'm curious what the port would look like on a) a 800x480 screen vs. the 1024x600, and b) using the 1GHz scorpion w/ Adreno 200 vs 1GHz T20 with GeForce ULP.

But hey, if it runs well (really no reason why it couldn't) then I'd also like to see a Tab 7 port!
bam!! i read that wrong! but what the hell?! that dell streak 7 is like a galaxy tab with dual core i've seen 5" dell streaks that are Overclocked and rocks the top devices at Antutu and other benchmarks, this 7" might be a lot more scary!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Just bit the bullet and bought my Samsung II. Sure as hell hope its worth the assload of money I had to fork out for it. The sensation is not shaping up to be all that I had hoped it would be. Screen is nice apparently but rest is lacking.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
It seems that the Droid Charge (by Samsung) also ships with an unlocked bootloader.

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...tom-rom-forums

Awesome news for those looking to do some modding! I'm glad that this trend has taken hold. Now, if we could only get some 'unlocked' drivers

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Yeah the unlocked boot loader and the general speed of the samsung are what made the decision for me. I liked the look of the sensation and the screen res more - but there were just to many cons.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
The Google NFC event is airing VERY soon. Watch live on Youtube!

LIVE: http://www.youtube.com/user/Google?blend=2&ob=5

They will be introducing Google Wallet for a new, wireless (and hopefully secure), way to pay using your mobile device.

I am cheap, so I prefer making it more difficult to part with my hard earned cash. Still, this is a sign of the times.

Arrrgh.. Who am I kidding? I would certainly use Google Wallet for transactions. The 'security' aspect alone is enough of an incentive, as well as a decrease in the amount of gear that I would have to carry.

Now where are those NFC door locks?

COMMERCIAL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZGoXvzW4WU

ENGADGET HANDS ON:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/26/g...us-s-hands-on/

Here, Tim buys a soda (or pop as we like to call it way up here in the north) from a vending machine with a quick swipe of his Google Wallet. Much more useful than carrying around a pocket full of change, and at least as fast...

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2011-05-26 at 18:11.

One of the smartest implementations of Google Wallet, is Google's inclusion of a prepaid card. This allows consumers to add funds to the card in a pay-as-you-go type service.

There was mention that one would need to add funds to the Google prepaid card from another card, but I suppose it's possible that it could be added in future directly from paypal, directly from your bank, or some other financial path.

That is very comprehensive, and great for those that wish to monitor their spending.

Another neat possibility with Google Wallet and services like Groupon, is the ability to link the wallet to online coupons. It would be so much more convenient to get a coupon, directions, and reviews from one location rather than having to compile them yourself from various sources. Best of all, you simply pay with a single swipe. Brilliant.

Oh god.. Here comes the ignorance...

3 news reporters commenting on Google Wallet:
ABC News: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mYRf3-tH1w

This is ignorance at its finest... Unbelievable...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Ahhh I feel more stupid after listening to this...Seriously - those chicks were as dumb as a box hammers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Ahhh I feel more stupid after listening to this...Seriously - those chicks were as dumb as a box hammers.
Hahah.. You can see the one reporter rolling his eyes, and wringing his hands in frustration of being forced to listen to those two idiots..

He even says: "I work with this, every day!" directed to two people that should be homeless for lack of being able to find work.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2011-05-27 at 00:45.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy